OPTIMIZATION PROBLEM and question

I back test the Ea in a regular way, without the optimization, and every thing is fine, the EA is profitable.
problem is that there is no way to pass an optimization process I alway get " ... all results have been discarded as insignificant" and, looking at all the insignificant results, the EA did not do any operation ... zero operation. .. but in the standard backtest is working.... on a demo account is working... just in the optimization is not working, it's really strange to me.
any suggestion? could the two problem, be correlated?
moreover doean exixst anyway to use all the cores of the CPU during the optimization process, F.I. one process per core?
David

I have the same problem: in backtest all it's ok and then, during optimization nothing at all. My EA uses several trendlines on the graph and so it grows on my own the belief (but not certainty) that MT has problems to use graphic objects during optimization process.

Found tons of answers that the issue of opimization could be in incorrect EA or "Skip Useless Results" turned on this thread is the only one where there could be some problems with optimization because of the graphic objects(in my EA as well) while with simple backtesting all is ok. Did someone sort that out?

.roman.: Found tons of answers that the issue of opimization could be in incorrect EA or "Skip Useless Results" turned on this thread is the only one where there could be some problems with optimization because of the graphic objects(in my EA as well) while with simple backtesting all is ok. Did someone sort that out?
  1. Thread start date 2007.12.10 15:40 Don't resurrect old threads without important reason.
  2. If the EA depends on objects on the chart, they do not exist in optimization. You can't optimize it.

WHRoeder:
  1. Thread start date 2007.12.10 15:40 Don't resurrect old threads without important reason.
  2. If the EA depends on objects on the chart, they do not exist in optimization. You can't optimize it.

I resurrected it because there was no such a thread with similar problem just no to pollute the forum with new topics and same questions.

Thank you for the answer, got it.

Reason: