Trying to better understand the trade history tab

Hi all, I'm new to MT5/trading in general, still using a demo account. I was entering a trade into my trading log and looking at the the history tab it reads "Price: 153.837" on the left, then further along it states "Price: 154.475", now I went short on this trade so I understand it moved against me and I lost, what I'm curious as to is that the tab reads at the end "Profit: -102.01", I understand that this profit column is expressed in points, so this translates to 10.201 pips however my very basic maths tells me that 153.837 - 154.575 = -0.638, so I'm not sure as to where the 102.01 difference comes from. I think I may be misunderstaning something, trying to take one price away from another to calculate the difference in points or pips, but if anyone could explain it to me I'd be very appreciative as this feels like something I should get a handle on before I progress from demo trading :D

Many thanks

I think I just realised that -102.01 is the loss expressed in money, not points. That makes more sense, just out of curiosity, leading on from this, is there away to see this expressed as points? I can see that in my active trades I can simply right click and swap profits from points to money but I cannot see this as an option in the history tab. Cheers.

Hi

There’s no such option in metatrader Account History. You can create your own script though – and print out history or even save it to some csv file which would calculate the profit in pips (here you won’t have included transaction costs).

You can even report whole account history with all the prices to some xls file and then simply process the data in excel and calculate the difference in prices there.

Have a nice weekend

Reason: