How to stop new trades opening on MQL5 VPS - page 2

alinikpour:

when I remove an EA from a chart and then sync again to MQL5 VPS to stop the it running from vps, as soon as i sync to VPS, new orders opens on the charts that I have EA running.

So how do I stop this from happening?

Thanks

All the answers provided don't address your main issue. When synchronizing, if the EA open new trades on the chart you want to keep, that means the EA is not well coded. It needs to save/restore it's internal state to be able to continue from where it was before the synchronization. Apparently this is not the case with your EA.

Alain Verleyen #:
Tất cả các câu trả lời được cung cấp không giải quyết vấn đề chính của bạn. Khi đồng bộ hóa, nếu EA mở các giao dịch mới trên biểu đồ mà bạn muốn giữ lại, điều đó có nghĩa là EA không được mã hóa tốt. Nó cần lưu/khôi phục trạng thái bên trong của nó để có thể tiếp tục từ vị trí trước khi đồng bộ hóa. Rõ ràng đây không phải là trường hợp với EA của bạn.

Excellent answer

Alain Verleyen #:
All the answers provided don't address your main issue. When synchronizing, if the EA open new trades on the chart you want to keep, that means the EA is not well coded. It needs to save/restore it's internal state to be able to continue from where it was before the synchronization. Apparently this is not the case with your EA.

thanks for your reply. what should i do in my case?

alinikpour #:

thanks for your reply. what should i do in my case?

Fix your EA or ask to fix it to someone competent.

alinikpour #: thanks for your reply. what should i do in my case?
  1. Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Always post all relevant code (using Code button) or attach the source file.

2. EAs must be coded to recover. If the power fails, OS crashes, terminal or chart is accidentally closed, on the next tick, any static / global ticket variables will have been lost. You will have an open order / position but don't know it, so the EA will never try to close it, trail SL, etc. How are you going to recover?

Use a OrderSelect / Position select loop on the first tick, or persistent storage (GV+flush or files) of ticket numbers required.

On a network disconnection, you might get ERR_NO_RESULT or ERR_TRADE_TIMEOUT. There is nothing to be done, but log the error, return and wait for a reconnection and a new tick. Then reevaluate. Was an order opened or is the condition still valid.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Simple logic, remove the EA that you don't want to trade anymore from the chart and leave all others that you want to continue trading, attached on their chart and then migrate to your MQL5 VPS.

About the panel you are asking, contact the author/seller for advice.

Hello Eleni ;  I am afraid your suggestion does not work in all the cases.  I have (1) Closed all the operations manually on my former EA Gold Edge (2) Eliminated the charts and the EA and migrated at least 10 times (3) Installed a new EA and a new chart and migrated again and again and again.  And metatrader keeps opening operation on my old EA.   I have already send them a ticket but I do not know what to else to do....

Hoyitos71 #:

Hello Eleni ;  I am afraid your suggestion does not work in all the cases.  I have (1) Closed all the operations manually on my former EA Gold Edge (2) Eliminated the charts and the EA and migrated at least 10 times (3) Installed a new EA and a new chart and migrated again and again and again.  And metatrader keeps opening operation on my old EA.   I have already send them a ticket but I do not know what to else to do....

You either not migrating successfully or your have this EA attached and working somewhere else.

Have you checked the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal to see what it writes?

Reason: