Elite indicators :) - page 454

trades log v1.5

Hi everybody,

another step forward in my trades log indicator, version 1.5.

Now it has also a money management section and a balance section to display; the balance section has its own panel separated from the trade log panel; the money management section will be shown beside the standard panel (not shown if "Compact_mode" is true); both panels can be placed in the main window or in any sub windows and have the possibility to select the corner too.

The pending orders are visualized darker then the active ones; in the "Stop Loss" and "Take profit" columns are visualized the values plus the distance (in pips) from the current price (updated in real time for active orders).

When the price will be 10 pips from the entry (for pending orders), its value will turn Lime; as well for the active orders if the price is within 10 pips from the stop loss or the take profit levels, they will turn Lime (take profit) or Red (stop loss).

The "Quote" column" shows the Bid value for buy orders or the Ask value for sell orders.

To get the money management working properly you'll have to set the "Risk" parameter (max percentage of the "free margin" available in the account, allowed for each trade).

If the risked amount is below the risk% value, will be shown in dark Green; Red if above; if no stop loss is set it will show a Yellow remind; if the stop loss level is above/below the entry (for buy/sell active orders respectively), it will show the amount of pips locked and the current money value in Lime color.

I did use a special fixed width font to get the values in the columns perfectly aligned, you can download it for free here:

Anonymous Pro

then install it in your window/fonts folder.

See the pictures about the different type of visualization you have available.

The "hidden_mode" parameter, if set to true, will hide all the panels (useful to have a clear vision of the chart without removing the indicator).

The "Background" parameter, if set to true, will displays all the information on a colored panel (you may choose the color).

It works without adjustment in 4 and 5 digits platforms; let me know if you find issues/bug

Best Regards

Hi dakiki,

thanks for posting that version! It give me some tips to update my trades log

Now it manage pending orders too; has 3 type of visualization selectable with "Magnifier" and "Compact_mode" inputs:

Magnifier = false & Compact_mode = false : regular visaulization;

Magnifier = true & Compact_mode = false : Bigger visualization (for old blind dogs like me ! )

Compact_mode = true : visalize only essential data to occupy less space on the chart.

Hidden_mode = true : hides all data without removing the indi from the chart.

You may select in which window to display the data with the "Window" input and use Xpos and Ypos to adjust the position.

Best Regards

dakiki:
Here an even simpler overview indicator of open positions taking up less space

Updated version at post #4704

Kalman filter ...

This indicator was originally developed by GammaRat ( a very interesting man indeed)

Some more information on Kalman filter can be found here : Kalman filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaIt had some problems but in this version all is cleaned up. Just to remind that Kalman filter always predicts (it is drawing a current bar from previous bar values) so it makes i a a kind of a unique indicator among all the indicators. I usually use the combination of 2 : one with sample period of 41 and the other with 25 and no channels (deviation level 2 set to 0 too) That way it can be used in a "signaling mode" too

Files:

What are the lines in the center? I don't get any lines in the center.

Here is a template with which you are going to get the combination of 2 Kalman filters on chart. Just copy it to templates sub-folder of you metatrader main folder and apply the template to the chart

PS: I usually use Kalman filter on 1 hour or 4 hour chart (something like this : this is a 4 hour EURUSD chart. I recommend you look at it in the past too since there are some very, very interesting parts showing how the filter behaves in some periods

rcbarlow:
What are the lines in the center? I don't get any lines in the center.
Files:
kalman.tpl  2 kb

USD Index

mladen

Can you tell how you arrived at the ratios used on line 77 for the USD index, I would like to do that for EUR & GBP.

Thanks

Ray

Ray

As far as I know, the dollar index formula is derived from experience. Here is a link to one document that might help Dollar index calculation . How did they get exatly those values I really am not aware of

traderduke:
mladen

Can you tell how you arrived at the ratios used on line 77 for the USD index, I would like to do that for EUR & GBP.

Thanks

Ray

Hi Mladen,

As I understand - it is some kind of variation of TTM/Trend scalp indicator/system from here, right?

I remember - I traded it with good results here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

If yes so thanks a lot.

I updated this link:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178673/page2

Yes It is a "variation" on that one but moved the smoothing from "post-calculation" to "pre-calculation" (I really was curios what would it produce that way) Adding the rest of averages was just a + to be able to test pre-smoothing with the usual averages we have

newdigital:
Hi Mladen,

As I understand - it is some kind of variation of TTM/Trend scalp indicator/system from here, right?

I remember - I traded it with good results here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

If yes so thanks a lot.

I updated this link:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178673/page2

How To Trade

mladen:
Here is a template with which you are going to get the combination of 2 Kalman filters on chart. Just copy it to templates sub-folder of you metatrader main folder and apply the template to the chart

PS: I usually use Kalman filter on 1 hour or 4 hour chart (something like this : this is a 4 hour EURUSD chart. I recommend you look at it in the past too since there are some very, very interesting parts showing how the filter behaves in some periods

Mladen,

Please could explain a bit more about how you trade with this?

Regards.

Reason: