Elite indicators :) - page 418

hazelj80

Here you go You can choose which part of the bar is the criteria for color change as well as candles or bars only choice. When price (Close) is in the middle sector of the bar, it leaves the bar intact (it does not draw anything in that case)

price_bars_-_hazelj.mq4

regards

Mladen

hazelj80:
i was wondering if any coder coukd make a simple on chart candle indicator.if a candle closes in it's upper half of it's range, color the candle green. if the candle closes in the lower half of it's range, color ir red thanks in advance!
Files:

How adjust the RBCI Channel?

MrTools, Thank you very much! Different question. I believe Simba had said about RBCI channel "you must only know how to adjust it properly."

I have 9 peaks in the spectral analysis. About FATL Simba had said that he uses three peaks dominate for P1. How to Choose the P1, D1, D2 and P2 for the channel? If someone would have this image of the spectral analysis of how he would take what settings?

Simba? MrTools?

Is it correct?

Files:

Thank you very much , MrTools

Большое спасибо:) your explantation was excellent. And Big thanks for indicators and help in another Thread. Happy New Year for you and all Team of Forex-TSD.

nodp53:
MrTools, Thank you very much! Different question. I believe Simba had said about RBCI channel "you must only know how to adjust it properly."

I have 9 peaks in the spectral analysis. About FATL Simba had said that he uses three peaks dominate for P1. How to Choose the P1, D1, D2 and P2 for the channel? If someone would have this image of the spectral analysis of how he would take what settings?

Simba? MrTools?

Is it correct?

First Nodp53, i need to apologize you asked for a fatl - satl (rbci) i made you the satl - rstl which is stlm , once i get done posting will make you the correct fatl-satl, the stlm was made from the stlm2 histo that has been in the digital filters section.

About p1,p2,d1,and d2. Finding p1, or for my memory sake i call it peak1, way i have been doing it is find 2 or 3 peaks similar in height i usually pick the highest for example if that peak tops at 50, that would not be p1, p1 would be a point or 2 before the peak will call it 48, d1 will be the valley before p1, but again not the actual valley but a point or 2 after the valley, p2 will be a point or 2 after the peak, and d2 would be the valley after p2, not the actual valley but a point or 2 before. Also if when you have the digital generator open, click on the help tab,then working with program,then filter calculation scroll to almost the bottom there is a diagram explaining band pass filter creation, probably much better than i did.

ps) posting the correct satl-fatl (rbci) and another stlm, reason posting another version added 2 more price possibilities to both versions.

rbci_histo_on_jurik.mq4

stlm_histo_on_jurik_1.mq4

Rsi with regression lines ...

The idea for this one is a simple one (again ) : instead of using peaks for divergence identification we can try to use slope for divergence(s) identification.

In this one the slope is a linear regression and it adds a standard error bands to it to form the channel. You can turn the channel of if you set the LinearRegressionChannelWidthparameter to <= 0. For rsi (since it tends to "wiggle" around 50% for longer calculating lengths) you should use a "reasonable" linear regression calculating length and it seems that it will be able t detect a "slope divergence" in that case

rsi_slope_divergence.mq4

nodp53:

Simba? MrTools?

Is it correct?

Hi,

It is always interesting doing a spectral analysis of a range bar chart...In my experience,the results are not tradable,but ,frankly,it may be worth to keep trying.

Regarding your spectral analysis,there is a very clear 63 periods cycle,so,I would use D1,P1,P2,D2= 44,60,66,85....As Mr Tools explained,choosing valleys for D1,D2 and widening a little the span around the dominant periodicity for P1,P2 usually leads to good settings...Actually I would suggest you keep D1,D2 fixed on 44,85 and experiment with P1,P2,different sets of numbers,all centered on 63...60,66...59,67...62,64,etc...you will learn a lot from this.

Also,if you get an inverted slope,try to widen D1,D2 or P1,P2 by 1 period,this usually solves the problem.

Regards

S

mladen:
hazelj80

Here you go You can choose which part of the bar is the criteria for color change as well as candles or bars only choice. When price (Close) is in the middle sector of the bar, it leaves the bar intact (it does not draw anything in that case)

price_bars_-_hazelj.mq4

regards

Mladen

thanks mladen! is there a way to add options for the price bar indicator to draw a line through the midpoint of the previous bar and a GMT offset for the D1 bars?

Volatility adjusted RSI ...

Playing with volatility today (have to use all the extra energy came from cookies eaten these days )

This is one more adaptive indicator, RSI in this case. Volatility in this one is calculated using price difference and it is then compared to the average of those price differences. Using that ration of price differences, RSI calculation period is calculated and then used in rsi calculation. The effect of the whole thing is that in the periods of higher volatility RSI calculating period is shorter (it is internally limited to half RsiPeriod) and in periods of lower volatility it is longer (no limitation as of longer than RsiPeriod)

Here is a comparison of the regular rsi (gray) and volatility adjusted rsi (red), It is visible that the peaks in adjusted rsi are emphasized when compared to regular one and are having higher (for high peaks) or lower values (for low peaks) and thus are partially avoiding the known flattening problem of regular rsi

volatility_adjusted_rsi.mq4

Volatility adjusted Stochastic ...

And here is a volatility adjusted Stochastic indicator too ...

Same rules apply as to volatility adjusted RSI. In the more volatile periods it is calculating shorter period stochastic in order to adapt quicker to the market and in times of low volatility it calculates longer stochastic periods. The adapting is applied to the main calculation only (it is not applied to signal line nor to stochastic smoothing (slowing))

In this example the upper is the regular stochastic and the lower is the volatility adjusted stochastic. At a first glance the difference is not big till we look at periods of sudden price changes (volatility) where difference can be significant

volatility_adjusted_stochastic.mq4

And to round it up, a volatility adjusted MACD ...

PS: all this reminded me of one statement of Dennis Meyers : each and every indicator should be optimized for each and every different symbol and / or time frame. Indicators are giving us opportunity of seeing even at a glance if some parameters are good or not. See for example these posts regarding MACD settings : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181152 and how would a 8-17-9 volatility adjusted MACD look like

Reason: