Elite indicators :) - page 394

mladen:
camisa

Linear regression does not recalculate in any way/mode (projection is a simple linear extrapolation of the current linear regression line and it is a case of "what if" - "what if the linear regression line stays the same as current..." and is meant to give a bit better feel of the current linear regression trend)

In the low pass filter if you set the Causalparameter to true, there will be no recalculation. If the causal is set to false, then it is centered and then it recalculates

regards

Mladen

Hi mladen,

thanks for the nice work on lineair regression. How are the residuals handled? Perhaps we can/should use them somehow, as they might indicate reliability of current state?

Cheers, San.

Hello. I want to find a script which shows profit or a loss on the screen and still the price with different color.Thanks

Looked for but don't think i posted this, its day implus channel on jurik its mtf, with arrows and alerts

San

The channel on that version is made to be as the built in liner regression channel indicator. If I understand what are you aiming for, you are right : they (in the linear regression channel) are using a rather naive way of constructing a channel. The goal in that version was to put them all "under one hat" ...

Maybe (not maybe but probably) this version here is a better way to do a channel "construction". In this one channel upper and lower bands are calculated from a standard error of a linear regression (added multiplier for flexibility reason only but default channels is "2 errors" wide. sort of speaking. and I think it is good enough even for estimate). Unlike the previous version you will notice that the bands are not widened if the price breaks out, so it can even be used as a kind of breakout indicator. All this is still just a scratching on the surface of linear regression can be used to make much more things but all in due time (when everything is 100% checked and 100% sure (I would hate to be responsible for irresponsible claims or indicators)

So, to end : it looks similar, but the channel is far, far away from the previous version and from the metatrader built in linear regression channel (in the example I used a 50 period linear regression to make the difference more obvious - the built in channel and a channel from previous version would be much wider, and it is interesting to see where the price "danced the most" and what was the range in this example )

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Hi mladen,

thanks for the nice work on lineair regression. How are the residuals handled? Perhaps we can/should use them somehow, as they might indicate reliability of current state?

Cheers, San.

Hello,

Would someone please make this averages and confidence bands indicator into an MTF version with interpolation option?

The concept of having the confidence bands looks useful.

Gramski:
Hello,

Would someone please make this averages and confidence bands indicator into an MTF version with interpolation option?

The concept of having the confidence bands looks useful.

Here you go Gramski now mtf!

ps) the picture four hour non lag bands on hourly chart.

This indicator was shared publicly (on another forum).

Kind request to add (jurik) smoothing algorithm to this Correlation indicator. I guess we have to be careful not to induce too much lag tho.

Interesting features to watch: see screenshot. Watch EURUSD on USD weakness and vice versa, especially around the 0 line crossings.

Thanks in advance!

San.

Thankyou Sir!

Hi, could you please exclude Sunday Bar?

mladen:
Revisiting some "old" stuff and found a thing that might be interesting to all

It is based on "Trading the Trend" by Andrew Abraham article in TASC.There had been a lot of "reincarnations" and renamed versions of that system (see some of the indicators in Jan Arps toolbox for example (see their prices too ;()) but I thought that it might be good to have the one coded after the original article (attached here is well, wit explanations as of "how" and "what").

There is one deviation though in the code that I made. In the original conditions testing is done on closed bar exclusively, while in this version I allow to use current (still not closed bar) in testing. If one wants the original way, then the TestBarparameter should be set to 1, otherwise if set to 0 it will test current bar instead

hpt_-_wsro.mq4

Could you please make it to support MTF? Thanks

Files:
Reason: