Elite indicators :) - page 386

mladen:
Guys

I think that what rdoane means by repainting in this case is what I thought that we have cleared a long time ago : it is a normal behavior of an indicator in multi time frame mode and it must refresh the state of every bar belonging to target time frame bar.

If a multi time frame indicator does not do that (refreshes all the bars belonging to target time frame that have to be changed) then we have a repainting indicator that will show one thing now and other thing when you reopen the chart or refresh it or change time frames. I have seen some attempts to "reconstruct" the states of an indicator in a kind of "other time frame reconstruction" (I even made some of those a few years ago, but, apart from a 1 minute minimal resolution problem, I gave up, since the benefit of it was none - instead of getting a clear picture what was going on in the "upper" time frame, it is just muddling up the picture, and I decided not to go into that direction any mode)

Other than that refreshing in mtf, the indicator itself does not repaint, so it is OK to use it. Gann High low activator is such a simple indicator (the logic of it) that there is no place for repainting (the only way I can imagine it repaint in histo mode is to do it on purpose:))

That's correct. I tried to use this for trend confirmation on a higher time frame but found that it repainted. I probably never checked for repainting on the current time frame

Don't worry It will not repaint in current time frame (that I can guarantee 100%)

regards

Mladen

rdoane:
That's correct. I tried to use this for trend confirmation on a higher time frame but found that it repainted. I probably never checked for repainting on the current time frame

Hello Mladen

Hello Mladen

There is a good indicator I has seen it on forum .you can make signals on mail when the indicator changes color.

Thanks

Files:

Thanking you sincerely

mladen:
ValeoFX

Here it is

You can control arrows displacement with arrowsDisplacementparameter. It is a multiplier that is applied to 20 period ATR and than that product is added or subtracted from high and low. ATR is suitable for that task because it will automatically adjust itself to time frame too (fixed distance of 1 pip, for example, may mean a lot on 1 minute chart but means almost nothing on weekly or monthly chart, that is why I like the ATR distance way) You can use even negative multiplier for displacement in which case you can get rather interesting display

As of Gann high low : the version posted by rdoane is, as I explained in one of the previous posts, OK, so it can be used for the purpose you have asked

==============

Good morning Mladen,

Thanking you most sincerely for the changes and also the explanation regarding the use of the ATR which is more valuable to me than you can imagine. Appreciate you very much.

Also for the "heads-up" on the GannHi/Lo which I must admit that I did not give his reply any thought as we all know (or shall I say "should know" by now) what "repainting" means. My apologies.

Wishing you a successful day.

thank you,mrtools

Kind request:

I like the indicator showing me Yesterday's Hi and Lo on today's chart (aqua dotted lines).

What I am looking for is that the line style changes once price has broken the lines on close, for example, they would turn solid red.

If it's not too much to ask, can someone (mladen/mrtools) perhaps have a glance?

I tried, but since the lines are defined as buffers (I think this is not necessary, but may be wrong), I have trouble getting this accomplished.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

S.

Files:

Mtf?

mladen:
In this post I am posting a somewhat enhanced DWMA - JMA indicators

PS: in these examples I am not using parameters for fastest crosses, but rather for more "reliable" crosses. With short periods (10,7 for example) these become a very fast cross detection indicators (like in the lower example)

Mladen,

They are indeed a fast detector with 10,7...I love the oscillator,even if it is the same in regards to zero crossing,it allows for change in slope easier appreciation.Is it possible to add MTF capabilities(with interpolation) and alarms set to change in slope and-or zero crossing?

Regards

S

JMA_Kelthner Band width RSX on JMA

I did not get to (another color) the neutral zone when: JMA is between Kelthner bands,.... if could make someone.

keltner_channels_f1_mtf_2.mq4

San

This should be it

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Kind request:

I like the indicator showing me Yesterday's Hi and Lo on today's chart (aqua dotted lines).

What I am looking for is that the line style changes once price has broken the lines on close, for example, they would turn solid red.

If it's not too much to ask, can someone (mladen/mrtools) perhaps have a glance?

I tried, but since the lines are defined as buffers (I think this is not necessary, but may be wrong), I have trouble getting this accomplished.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

S.
Files:

Wow, nice....more than I bargained for.

Thanks again, mladen.

Grtz, San.

Reason: