Elite indicators :) - page 121

mladen:
Valeo,

You should discard it.

In any case made one that is coded properly. The problem with the version 2 is the "classical" problem (the same one that was made in "Solar wind" for example) : calculations are done from "right to left" and values that are supposed to be previous values are in fact future values that way. It is a usual error when people get caught in the i+1 or i-1 trap

As you will see, now it conforms to every condition and gives the crosses timely, but you will also see that it is almost always a cross of 2 emas (so MACD at the end)
regards mladen

=================

Thank you ever so much Mladen. Much appreciate you! If this is "a MACD by another name", what is there currently to beat the "macd_HL" anyway? Great indicator from a great developer / coder. Because of the trouble you took to redesign it, I will however continue to test it for the rest of the week on the same TF that the macd_HL is running.

Wishing you a great day.

Sorry newdigital,

do you have this indicator on your database, it's called "WEC Volatility", i canot find it

Best regards

Doc

Files:
wec.png  31 kb

I do not have it sorry.

Hi,

Mladen can you please make a histogram of the past values of this indicator? I have noticed that it is quite useful. If the buyers and sellers are shown as negative, please make a negative histogram value in that case, as it means that there is a shortage of buyers and sellers. I know that this is not the whole market, but only the section of the market that the broker sees. The indicator calculates the values for every bar separately so it should not be difficult to make a histogram. Thank you.

Files:

Ok thanks anyway newdigital

Anyone else (perhaps Mladen) ? it's really difficult to find it

Best regards

Doc

sr_KG_

Can someone please try and extend the lines in this indicator; it is desperate to be updated and i think it is a good indy.

cheers

mike

Profitrader,

Here you go, but I am not sure what exactly can it be used for. The calculations are done the same way as in Buyers and Sellers indicator. Essentially it is a volume modified ratio of Bulls and Bears indicator.

Added a UseVolumeForCalculationsparameter. When set to true "Buyers and "Sellers" are calculated according to volumes too. If set to false, calculation is done without volumes (note that the ratio itself is the same on both options since the divisor and the dividend are multiplied by yje same volume) Also, because when you place the ratio of those on the same chart as the volume*bulls and volume*bears, ratio is hardly visible added an option where you can choose what do you ant to see : Bull and Bears only, Ratio only or combined .So you have the following 3 possible views (with and without UseVolumeForCalculations ):

regards

mladen

profitrader21:
Hi, Mladen can you please make a histogram of the past values of this indicator? I have noticed that it is quite useful. If the buyers and sellers are shown as negative, please make a negative histogram value in that case, as it means that there is a shortage of buyers and sellers. I know that this is not the whole market, but only the section of the market that the broker sees. The indicator calculates the values for every bar separately so it should not be difficult to make a histogram. Thank you.

Hi Mladen,

Thank you very much for your effort. However, this indicator is not quite what I was looking for. The indicator has the option period and when I change the period I get different results. This is not quite right. 'Period' is irrelevant for what I was trying to do. The original indicator I posted calculates the number of buyers and sellers on the brokers platform for the given candle only. Then it resets from the zero for the next candle. All that I am looking for is to see the history of these numbers on a histogram level. The indicator should not have any period option. Also I do not think that the original indicator takes volume into account, it just counts buyers and sellers.

The reason for this enquiry is a paper by MIG Forex I read about 6 months ago. In it, they describe that the retail section of the market predicts tops and bottoms in the forex market with about 90% accuracy. At tops, the majority of retailers buy and at the bottom the majority of retailers sell. If I am able to find this paper on my disk, I will put it here. Obviously, all that the retail market maker has to do is take the opposite position without offloading the risk in the real market (within a given risk limit ofcourse). Thank you very much in advance.

Profitrader,

This is the part from the code of Buyers and Sellers indicator (lines 18.19 and 20)

double bullp = (iBullsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double bearp = (iBearsPower(NULL, 0, 13,PRICE_CLOSE,0));

double vol = iVolume(Symbol(),0,0);

So, it is using the Bulls and Bears with period set to fixed period 13 as well as using the volume in calculation. What is reset to 0 is the volume on every new bar and hence you have an impression that it resets the "whole thing". I have compared them and the values of Buyers, Sellers and ratio is the same (except for the rounding that is done in the Buyers and Sellers indicator in the moment when it displays values (using the DoubleToStr(nnn,0) form) - I preferred not to round the values)

Without level II there is no way to count buyers and sellers and the "Buyers and Sellers" indicator has nothing to do with level II, believe me. Simply place the two together on a same chart and compare the values (an example of the values for the current bar displayed by the two :
regards

mladen

Files:

hi mLaden,

I know you're really busy, but if you have a chance, could you please take a look at this Fama indicator for me?

For some reason it doesn't automatically update, so I need to refresh the chart to use it.

Much appreciated,

Fudo

Files:
fama.mq4  4 kb
Reason: