Elite indicators :) - page 102

Vortex indicator from January 2010 TASC issue (Etienne Botes and Douglas Siepman’s article in this issue, “The Vortex Indicator”)

I still do not have that TASC itself, so can not tell more about the usage and the explanation of this indicator nor can I attach the article describing it. At a first glance looks like some known trend determining indicators, but it seems that the math is slightly different.

Some additional info can be found here : TRADERS’ TIPS - January 2010

Files:
vortex.mq4  3 kb
vortex.gif  18 kb

igorad:
Please try to test updated version of NonlagMA with CountBars. It should fix problems with large values of Length.

can we have NonLagMA 7.9 in histogram/bar?

I believe you have something like that here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

digitalman88:
can we have NonLagMA 7.9 in histogram/bar?

Enhance NonLagZigZag_v4 to support fibo expansion

Is it possible to enhance NonLagZigZag_v4 to automatically draw fibo expansion?

Glitch index

Source of this on is February 2004, Active trader magazine.

System concept:

This system was inspired by the more successful stock systems that have appeared in the Trading System Lab. These strategies share a common timing technique --- they attempt to take advantage of minor extreme price movements.

This system detects when price has deviated significantly from its norm by measuring how far it moves above and below a "detrended" simple moving average (SMA). The resulting indicator is called the "Glitch Index," which represents the percentage move price has made above or below the detrended SMA. The theory is price will move back to its norm, and we can profit by taking advantage of the temporary deviation. The formula for calculating the Glitch Index is:
Glitch Index = (Diff/Closing Price) * 100 where,
SMA = 30-period simple moving average

Diff = Closing Price -- SMAMult

RocSMA = Rate of Change(SMA) * 0.1 + 1

SMAMult = SMA* RocSMA

The system buys when the Glitch Index goes below -2 and sells when it swings back up above +2. However, the system will not enter a long trade if the highest Glitch Index value within a 30-bar period is greater than 5. This prevents the system from entering when prices snap back from an extremely overbought level, such as a blow-off at the top of a strong bull rally.

The color of the Glitch Index (GI) indicator bars (Figure 1) helps illustrate what the system is doing. Light green bars indicate a GI greater than 5, which means long trades are forbidden for the next 30 bars even if an entry signal occurs. Dark green bars indicate a GI of greater than 2 (the sell zone). Red bars indicate areas that are within the "no sell" zone (GI

< -5), while dark red bars indicate the buy zone (i.e., GI < -2). The system does not sell short.

Rules:

Entry
1. The Glitch Index must be less than --2.

2. The highest Glitch Index reading within the last 30 bars must be less than +5.

3. If these two conditions are met, buy the next bar at the market.

Exit
1. If the Glitch Index is greater than +2, exit next bar at the market.

Money management: Each trade was sized to equal 6 percent of

the current account equity.

PS: the attached document with a complete description, test results, ... is in .djvu format. When I tried to convert it to a .pdf it resulted in a loss of quality (barely readable) and a much, much bigger file size. So I decided to post it in original format and to post a link to a free djvu viewer here : Downloads & Resources - DjVu.org. I like the WinDjView the most, but you decide which is the most suitable for your needs.

PPS: to have those level values use daily time frame (the original system is designed for daily time frame)

Files:

Uci +100 -100

ValeoFX:
Good morning S,

Good to see you again. I have been trying to reach you, but you seem to be too busy or away when I am on Skype. Will try again this afternoon before your walk.

I remember from reading Dr. Belkamp's article that he says his rules are to use the 50%-levels and he gives some very nice pictures of how he uses them on P3 of his article. Just to confirm that you may have made a typing error talking about the 100-level which is unlike how I got to know you.

Impressive? NO doubt! Excellent and other superlatives may be in the order of the day in the next couple of weeks, I guess.

Looking forward to talking to you soon.

Best regards.

Valeo,

Quote "Just to confirm that you may have made a typing error talking about the 100-level which is unlike how I got to know you."

I didn`t make a typing error,please see the attacched pic,with 2 clear turns above +100 and below -100...entry when UCI changes slope beyond the levels,SL at bar high/low,TP All the money in the world ..alternatively you can exit when UCI crosses the -50/+50 opposite level with a trailing stop,etc....Just use the non delayed uci,you will get lots of signals realtime in all timeframes.

As usual,MTF will give you even more accurate results...Still think this is a ball breaker ?

Regards

S

Files:
uci_2.gif  54 kb

SIMBA:
Valeo,

Quote "Just to confirm that you may have made a typing error talking about the 100-level which is unlike how I got to know you."

I didn`t make a typing error,please see the attacched pic,with 2 clear turns above +100 and below -100...entry when UCI changes slope beyond the levels,SL at bar high/low,TP All the money in the world ..alternatively you can exit when UCI crosses the -50/+50 opposite level with a trailing stop,etc....Just use the non delayed uci,you will get lots of signals realtime in all timeframes.

As usual,MTF will give you even more accurate results...Still think this is a ball breaker ?

Regards

S

Thanks so much S, I shall get back to it a.s.a.p.

Best regards.

Max moving average

One variation of LWMA moving average that makes it a faster moving average without loosing too much on the smoothness

Compare it to the 4 basic moving averages with maPowerparameter set to 3 (maPower 1 means it is equal to LWMA)

Files:
max3.gif  22 kb
max3.mq4  3 kb

SIMBA:
Valeo,

Regards

S

Hi S,

I am unable to reproduce your indicator as I am unable to see what setting you used. At the default, it remains a "ball-breaker"

You probably don't trade with this indicator, but I like to research such work before discarding it.

Help, please?

Thanks in advance.

Reason: