Discussing the article: "Reimagining Classic Strategies in MQL5 (Part III): FTSE 100 Forecasting"

Check out the new article: Reimagining Classic Strategies in MQL5 (Part III): FTSE 100 Forecasting.

In this series of articles, we will revisit well-known trading strategies to inquire, whether we can improve the strategies using AI. In today's article, we will explore the FTSE 100 and attempt to forecast the index using a portion of the individual stocks that make up the index.

The London Stock Exchange (LSE) is one of the oldest stock exchanges in the developed world. It was founded in 1801, and is the primary stock exchange of the United Kingdom. It is considered part of the big 3 alongside the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The London Stock Exchange is the largest stock exchange in Europe and according to their Official website, the current total market capitalization of all companies listed on the exchange is approximately 4.4 trillion British Pounds.

The Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) 100, is an index derived from the LSE that tracks the 100 largest companies listed on the LSE. These companies are commonly referred to as blue-chip stocks, and they are seen as relatively safe investments given the reputation earned by the companies over time and their proven track record. We can take advantage of our understanding of how the FTSE 100 Index is calculated, and potentially create a new trading strategy that will forecast the future closing price of the FTSE 100, by considering the current close price of the index, as well as the performance of 10 large stocks listed in the index.

Author: Gamuchirai Zororo Ndawana

An article is intended to inform, educate, or entertain readers. when it is repetition of the same things just changing Indicators or Stocks names, it is not helping and it's just wasting the reader time.

Ugochukwu Mobi #:
An article is intended to inform, educate, or entertain readers. when it is repetition of the same things just changing Indicators or Stocks names, it is not helping and it's just wasting the reader time.

I think you will find each article introduces another fascinating way to analyze the data trying to establish the driving relationships. I personally appreciate the efforts and insights with how to apply the big data principles to each new aspect . Yes the structure is the same but wow every time there is another rabbit hole to go down and review a relationship a different way in this case how to use lead and lag  . Please keep looking for the holey grail thanks for your perspectives .

Ugochukwu Mobi #:
Hey Mobi.

I'm writing 3 different article series. What I'd like to understand, when you say the articles are repetitive, do you mean across all 3 series, or within 1 series? Additionally, what would you like to see done differently?

linfo2 #:

I think you will find each article introduces another fascinating way to analyze the data trying to establish the driving relationships. I personally appreciate the efforts and insights with how to apply the big data principles to each new aspect . Yes the structure is the same but wow every time there is another rabbit hole to go down and review a relationship a different way in this case how to use lead and lag  . Please keep looking for the holey grail thanks for your perspectives .

Thank you, Neil. I believe we'll find it. It can't hide from us forever.