MT4 MQL4: OnInit(), OnDeInit, OnTick(), OnTester(), OnCalculate() (etc.) event execution details - where to find full explanation and documentation (with examples)?

I need to understand exactly how and when all these built in functions are actually triggered and all the details on how they are executed so I fully understand how and when to use them.

I have tried searched through the MQL4 and MT4 help and nothing shows up. I have also tried searching the Documentation but it doesn't seem to give a comprehensive explanation with examples of how they work and what effect they have on the chart data arrays.

I am not asking for the full explanation, just the link to where I can find the most complete and detailed explanation on how they work and where/when to use them.

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. I have moved this thread.

William Roeder #:

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. I have moved this thread.

Apologies. I tried to make sure it was in the MQL4 pages, but so many MQL4 links automatically redirect to MQL5 pages. Thanks for moving it.

Thanks for the links.

I also found this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKjjvzINsmA

Jimdandy seems to give a pretty good explanation.

- YouTube
  • www.youtube.com
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.