Discussing the article: "MQL5 Trading Toolkit (Part 1): Developing A Positions Management EX5 Library"

Check out the new article: MQL5 Trading Toolkit (Part 1): Developing A Positions Management EX5 Library.

Learn how to create a developer's toolkit for managing various position operations with MQL5. In this article, I will demonstrate how to create a library of functions (EX5) that will perform simple to advanced position management operations, including automatic handling and reporting of the different errors that arise when dealing with position management tasks with MQL5.

As a software developer, I often find it convenient and efficient to create my own code libraries or toolkits. This saves me time because I don't have to repeatedly rewrite code for common tasks required in my various MQL5 development projects. In this article series, we will create an MQL5 trading library responsible for performing repetitive tasks in common MQL5 development projects.

In this first article, we will discuss what developer libraries are, why they are important, and the different types of code libraries you can create with MQL5. Then, we'll proceed to create a library of MQL5 functions to handle various position operations as a practical example to help solidify your understanding of how you can use a code library for a real-world project.

Author: Kelvin Muturi Muigua