Multi timeframe, what do you think?

Good morning

Without being the holy grail, I think it is still a step or two in its direction.

Here is my opinion
It is practically impossible to fit into a time frame even with a lot of information.

Often it's trying to make a decision on 1 bar

How to choose a bar among many others?

I think the most successful trade is mostly a question of timing .

The better the timing, the better the trade will be.

Let's say that this potential zone in D1
If we look at this same area in H1 time frame, it is already 24 bars in theory

And we can still go down in time frames

In M30 it is 48 bars
M15, 96 bars
etc

This immediately leaves more room to find the right timing to return as best as possible to exploit the potential seen in D1

The more bars we have, the better we can choose our timing.

For these reasons, I think that the time frame is a subject that should not be left aside.

What do you think ?

We assume chart has a feature called "Time Frame". But why should there be such thing at all? Considering economic data being released per week or per month it makes sense to assume existence of such feature as "Time Frame" in higher resolutions. But in lower resolutions(time frames) I do not think there is such a thing. Except some temporary price behavior diagnosed around NFP or CPI release in M1 time frame.

Thank you for your answer
Whatever happens, fundamental events or not, timing remains a priority and the more bars you have to make your decision, the better.

I therefore remain, for my part, that the time frame is useful for improving the trade

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
that the time frame is useful for improving the trade

I cannot disagree really.

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
the more bars

What I am trying to say is "the more bars" are useful if some existing feature puts them together meaningfully.

If you try to get to the bottom of a D1 bar, you only have one bar, right?

If you try to find the best entry with a little more confirmation of this bar D1 in H1 for example
That gives you 24 bars in theory.
24 is therefore more bar than 1

48 in M30, 96 in M15, 144 in M10, 1440 in M1

I, too, agree. The more bars, the better. Or else its like opening a long-term order using a M1 chart...

Lenko # :
I, too, agree. The more bars, the better. Or else its like opening a long-term order using a M1 chart...

Good morning
Looking for a D1 entry by displaying M1 may be a bit too much
But looking for the D1 entry on H1 seems entirely reasonable to me

I may not have been trading long enough, but I'm thinking every timeframe has a purpose, though only a few I would bother looking at. I would not look for an entry on M1, I would only look at the current trading volume on M1. I would check M30 for a short term trend, for possible swing trade. I would look at H4, D1, and W1 to confirm an uptrend or downtrend.  Using multi timeframe in one indicator seems interesting and purposeful, and seems to be popular now. I still like to toggle between timeframes though to paint a picture of what's happening

Maybe many traders here working automatic trading use trading bots, but I still work manually. Talking about timeframe, I prefer to look out first in D1, then down timeframe H4 or H1, while looking at entries prefer to use small timeframe M15 or M5

If You are looking for D1 entry You must have a fat deposit. The more information You have the better for a good entry. I have smaller deposit and trade on m1. Bars look the same on m1 and D1. If I don't make it on m1 I will not try on D1. If I go to trade on D1 I most likely will look at W1 and M1 instead of H4 and H1....but I think trading currencies on D1 is just gambling. Like with the weather, when I go outside I maybe able to predict it for next hour or so, but for next week... I don't think I will even try. Good luck with Your trading.  

Darivsz Sokolowski #:
If You are looking for D1 entry You must have a fat deposit. The more information You have the better for a good entry. I have smaller deposit and trade on m1. Bars look the same on m1 and D1. If I don't make it on m1 I will not try on D1. If I go to trade on D1 I most likely will look at W1 and M1 instead of H4 and H1....but I think trading currencies on D1 is just gambling. Like with the weather, when I go outside I maybe able to predict it for next hour or so, but for next week... I don't think I will even try. Good luck with Your trading.  

I can understand what you mean by this, but there are indicators (even simple) which are very good on higher timeframes. A 200 period simple MA for example is reliable for longterm holds. As long as the market isn't cutting through it, you can have conviction to hold your trade.