vps server is blocked from accessing mql5.com

Hello,

I provide shared IP VPS services for Forex in Laos and have found that my server is blocked from accessing mql5.com, with the cause unknown, making it impossible to install mt4/mt5.

Naturally, this affects all VPSs on my server. I need to change the internet ip for my clients

I would like to inquire about the reason for this block and how to resolve it, as if this problem persists in the future, I will no longer be able to provide Forex VPS services

Error 403 ?
read this summary blog post about the reasons  -

Summary: Installation Failed - Error 403 and more
  • www.mql5.com
Many traders are using MQL5 VPS , and this VPS is having a lot of advantadges, for example - the traders do not lose activations when they  migrate/synhronize their MT4/MT5 environment to MQL5

Sergey Golubev #:

Error 403 ?
read this summary blog post about the reasons  -

How can I resolve this issue, and what exactly is the Windows template they're talking about?

Manisit Tabtim #:

How can I resolve this issue, and what exactly is the Windows template they're talking about?

I do not know. I just provided the information about.

About 78.140.180.54 (I see it on your screenshot) so it may be subnet of Zomro which was banned from MQL5.

I'm still a bit confused because my IP is from Hetzner...

So, in summary, I just need to inform Hetzner to help ?

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not know. I just provided the information about.

About 78.140.180.54 (I see it on your screenshot) so it may be subnet of Zomro which was banned from MQL5.

In my opinion, if you're going to ban, you must ensure that other service providers are not affected. However, such a ban does not seem to solve the problem at its root, namely preventing the fraudulent activities mentioned, but rather appears to address the issue at its surface. And the users you refer to as involved in "fraudulent activities" can simply switch to another service provider. Have you considered whether your solution really addresses the problem effectively?

Manisit Tabtim #:
Have you considered whether your solution really addresses the problem effectively?

My solution? I am public moderator ... I am not solution person :)

-------------------

As to my opinion so - yes, it was solved the problem effectively.
Because MQ (MetaQuotes) is having MQL5 VPS which are not related to external VPS'es at all.

-------------------

And do you know how many external VPS providers?
A lot ... many people are using them during the many years (and I am using) with not a problem at all.

My experience: Yes, it was necessary for me to tell the VPS provider about what I will do, how many MT4 and MT5 instances I will install, and that I will use Market (because I am buying something from time to time), and about error 403 for example ... and if external VPS provider (their support) tells me about the following "MQL5 Market? About error 403? Yes, we know it, we do not foresee this error, but if you get this error 403 so tell us about it" - so I will subscribe for this external VPS but for one month as a beginning.

Manisit Tabtim #:
I'm still a bit confused because my IP is from Hetzner...

So, in summary, I just need to inform Hetzner to help ?
You may ask the service desk here about the following: is this ban came from them, and if yes so - it is temporarily ban (for several days) or it is permanent ban (but you need to provide the IP to them incl 78.140.180.54 as well).

Sergey Golubev #:

My solution? I am public moderator ... I am not solution person :)

-------------------

As to my opinion so - yes, it was solved the problem effectively.
Because MQ (MetaQuotes) is having MQL5 VPS which are not related to external VPS'es at all.

-------------------

And do you know how many external VPS providers?
A lot ... many people are using them during the many years (and I am using) with not a problem at all.

My experience: Yes, it was necessary for me to tell the VPS provider about what I will do, how many MT4 and MT5 instances I will install, and that I will use Market (because I am buying something from time to time), and about error 403 for example ... and if external VPS provider (their support) tells me about the following "MQL5 Market? About error 403? Yes, we know it, we do not foresee this error, but if you get this error 403 so tell us about it" - so I will subscribe for this external VPS but for one month as a beginning.

Sergey Golubev #:
You may ask the service desk here about the following: is this ban came from them, and if yes so - it is temporarily ban (for several days) or it is permanent ban (but you need to provide the IP to them incl 78.140.180.54 as well)

i'm worried about is that I rented a VPS from abroad to resell services, but many IPs (new VPS) that I received can't use MT4/MT5. All I can do is change the IP for my customers.

However, the main problem is that the number of IPs that can't use MT4/MT5 is increasing, and the IPs that had issues before (changed for customers) are coming back again. I have to keep changing them for my customers almost every day

And what exhausts me is that Hetzner can't help me, and they only suggest creating a new VPS server to get a new IP.

This issue is not due to any violation by me or my customers. I understand that you ban those who commit offenses, but why are other VPSs affected as well?

If you wonder whether this is a real issue, I currently have 4 Hetzner IPs that can't use MT4/MT5

I can send the password vps in a private message for you to try

* I must apologize if some words may seem odd because I used AI for translation

Manisit Tabtim #:
I understand that you ban those who commit offenses

I did not ban anything.
I am public forum moderator. I am replying to you only because I collected all available information about this error 403 and made the summary blog post about it:

All this information is available on the forum so you could collect for yourself as well (or use my blog post for example).

------------------------

There is some more recent information about (from MQ) - machine translation from Russian:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Why is access to the website www.mql4.com closed?

MetaQuotes , 2024.03.11 07:12

Do not block updates and do not use mass restarts of terminals. Don't try to sneak in old builds.

Do not use mass launches of terminals in an empty/cleaned environment. Do not use any tools that redownload data from scratch and create a load on the servers.

We no longer have any tolerance for putting stress on our servers. For the idea “I have free Internet - let me download as much as I want”, there is a clear ban.

------------------------

I can repeat:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

vps server is blocked from accessing mql5.com

Sergey Golubev, 2024.03.27 08:24

You may ask the service desk here about the following: is this ban came from them, and if yes so - it is temporarily ban (for several days) or it is permanent ban (but you need to provide the IP to them incl 78.140.180.54 as well).
How to contact with the service desk? Look at this example:

• www.mql5.com
Many traders are using MQL5 VPS , and this VPS is having a lot of advantadges, for example - the traders do not lose activations when they  migrate/synhronize their MT4/MT5 environment to MQL5

Sergey Golubev #:

I did not ban anything.
I am public forum moderator. I am replying to you only because I collected all available information about this error 403 and made the summary blog post about it:

All this information is available on the forum so you could collect for yourself as well (or use my blog post for example).

------------------------

There is some more recent information about (from MQ) - machine translation from Russian:

------------------------

I can repeat:

How to contact with the service desk? Look at this example:

Thank you for the answer. I will be careful, but I am curious about how forexvps solves the problem by reinstalling Windows. I want to know what exactly they fix.