Retrieving information from SMBIOS - page 6

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

I don't understand about the others.

There is a programme with a trial period, there are many such programmes on the net by the way. The client takes the trial, we record the car, the trial period is over. The client wants to take the trial again, but we can see that he is already familiar with the programme and we don't give him the trial again, we only buy it for later use.

Now it turns out that there are several machines in the world that are not unique, including mine, that have the same UUID.

It turns out that if someone took a trial from such a machine, a completely left-handed customer won't take it anymore, because their machine has sort of already taken it.

You need something with really unique machine data.

JRandomTrader:

That's if there's a C drive and not, for example, /dev/sda

I'll make a cutoff, ifthe clients UUID is "03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009" then bind to drive C, although I don't like that idea.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There is a programme with a trial period, there are many such programmes on the web by the way. The client takes the trial, we record the car, the trial period is over. The client wants to take the trial again, but we see that he is already familiar with the programme and we don't give him the trial again, only the purchase for further use.

Now it turns out that there are several machines in the world that are not unique, including mine, that have the same UUID.

It turns out that if someone took a trial from such a machine, a completely left-handed customer won't take it anymore, because their machine has sort of already taken it.

Need something with really unique with car data.

I'll make a cutoff, ifthe clients UUID is"03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009", then bind to drive C, although I don't like that idea.

Been doing this shit since 1995. Lots of related problems: what if the user replaces the disk, or something else? Did he buy the software, or didn't he?

Алексей Тарабанов:

Did this shit in 1995. Lots of associated problems: what if the user replaces the disk, or something else? Did he buy the software, or didn't he?

Of course he did.

It's a protection just to prevent endless demos from being taken.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Bought, of course.

It's a protection just to prevent infinite takeover of the demo.

Dynamic code for the demo and the same dynamic code for the real. Two-part.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Have you checked the serial numbers of the motherboard for this "universal" UUID? If there are, and they are different, you can add the serial number to it.

Don't link to the S/N of the drive, it changes when formatting. Unless it's the S/N of the HDD (taken from the controller). But even then, disks are changed more often than motherboards.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Have you checked the serial numbers of the motherboard for this "universal" UUID? If there are, and they are different, you can add the serial number.

Then I change the motherboard...

Licenses should be traded, not crosswords.

By the way, this is mainly for the esteemed Metakwots

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Have you checked the serial numbers of the motherboard for this "universal" UUID? If there are, and they are different, you can add the serial number.

Don't get attached to the S/N of the drive, it changes when the drive is formatted. Unless it's the S/N of the HDD (taken from the controller). But even then, disks are changed more often than motherboards.

The purpose is to screen out users if they are already familiar with the program.

Now cut off all the next, who has the same UUID, that's the problem, who goes first, that's who goes first.

The serial number cannot be viewed and there is no possibility to contact users to even find out the manufacturer of the motherboard.

Complete sadness with identification ...

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The aim is to cut off users if they are already familiar with the programme.

Now everyone who follows with the same UUID is cut off, that's the problem, first come first served.

The serial number cannot be viewed and there is no possibility to contact users to even find out the manufacturer of the motherboard.

Complete sadness with the identification ...

If the identification is bad - Change the code.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Have you checked the serial numbers of the motherboard for this "universal" UUID? If there are, and they are different, you can add the serial number to it.

Don't link to the S/N of the drive, it changes when formatting. Unless it's the S/N of the HDD (taken from the controller). But even then, disks are changed more often than motherboards.

I found some information

The query was like this:"UUID03000200-0400-0500-0006-000700080009".