Trend vs Flat - page 37

aleger:

And what is proposed instead of "tinsel"?

Rely not on predictions of a trend or a flat, but on a willingness to react to any event in the future. Based on logical signs, rather than guessing from the stars.

That's what we do in life, it's raining - we take out an umbrella, the sun is shining - we put on glasses ... We do not need to know what the weather will be, it is enough to have in our luggage a set of protective equipment, tools.

For example: I do not know what price movement in the market will be at a certain period of time, but if I want to play short, I will put SELL_LIMIT. If the price goes down, we are on our way, but if it goes up, then my SELL_LIMIT will not take part in it.

This way I will cut off the movements detrimental to my selection.

In the screenshot, you can see that most of the harmful movements are cut off, while the useful ones are present in abundance. This is the reliance on logical signs.

Files:
mv9_d5iwf.png  80 kb

Vladpedro:

Relying not on predictions of a trend or a flat, but on a willingness to react to any event in the future. Relying on logical signs, not guessing from the stars).

That's what we do in life, it's raining - we take out an umbrella, the sun is shining - we put on glasses ... We do not need to know what the weather will be, it is enough to have in our luggage a set of protective equipment, tools.

For example: I do not know what price movement in the market will be at a certain period of time, but if I want to play short, I will put SELL_LIMIT. If the price goes down, we are on our way, but if it goes up, then my SELL_LIMIT will not take part in it.

This way I will cut off the movements detrimental to my selection.

I've got some bad news for you.
1. The price may go down without catching your sellimit.
2. and if it goes up, you will get a loss.

Макс:
I've got some bad news for you.
1. The price can go down without catching your sellelmitte.
2. And if it goes up, you get a loser.

On SELL_LIMIT? That would be weird.

Just look at the chart, you can see everything there. SELL is not involved when price moves up. All the upper ones are empty.

Finally it is just an example that you can use simple logical ways to filter out undesirable events, without using indicators and other stuff, which describes the past perfectly, but cannot predict the future even one step too far.

)))

Vladpedro:

There is no such thing as a trend or a flat. These conventional definitions are just a tinsel, a wrapper for sampling events in the past in an attempt to give them a quality*.

Uncertainty is everything... The sooner you understand it, the less distracted you are by false targets.

Prove it. Otherwise it's just words.

Vladpedro:

On SELL_LIMIT? That would be weird.

Just look at the chart, you can see everything there. SELL is not involved when price moves up. All the top ones are empty.

Finally it is just an example that it is possible to use simple logical methods to filter out undesirable events, without using indicators and other stuff, which describes the past perfectly, but cannot predict the future even one step too far.

)))

You have a very specific idea of how a SellLimit order works.

The order is set above the current price and opens a Sell position the moment the price reaches the order level.

In the subsequent movement of the price upwards it still participates, liquidating your deposit. If you correctly predicted the reversal level, the price will go down, and you will gain some profit, but only if the price reaches this level.

Conclusion: study the facts, people who are more or less prepared, or who need help, rather than the first timers, usually hang out here.

And one more thing. It is not difficult to recognize a trend in real time, but such an opportunity is usually late and does not allow to make a stable profit on trend following tactics.

But it is not difficult to promptly detect a trend reversal without any prediction and reverse the position until the next reversal eventually occurs.

Vladpedro:

There is no such thing as a trend or a flat. These conventional definitions are just tinsel, a wrapper forsampling events in the past in an attempt to give them a property*.

Uncertainty is everything... The sooner you understand it, the less distracted you are by false targets.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

Prove it. Otherwise it's just words.

There you go... that's how you can look at... the price)

Endless flat. Deflection in the form of "trends" comes as money (read "information" as a trigger to active action for money) comes in. This money then returns to zero. The market is on the plus side steadily. Active participants have divided the balances amongst themselves, someone is left in the plus, a big one. The rest are much less profitable (around zero, "thanks to" the costs). The vast majority are in deficit.

Waiting for more money, etc.

Files:

onedollarusd:

There you go... that's the way to look at it... at the price)

An endless flat. Deflection in the form of "trends" comes as money (read "information" as a trigger to active action for money) comes in. This money then returns to zero. The market is on the plus side steadily. Active participants have divided the residuals amongst themselves, someone remains in the plus, a big one. The rest are much less profitable (around zero, "thanks to" the costs). The vast majority are in deficit.

Waiting for more money, etc.

What is this 80 point range?

When are you going to start sending photos without your photoshop?

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

What is this 80-point range?

When are you going to start sending photos without your photoshop?

Which of the three categories are you in now:

1.Someone left in the plus, big one.

2. the rest of you are much less plus (about zero, "thanks" to the costs).

3.the vast majority are in deficit.

?

Алексей Тарабанов:

You have a very specific idea of how a SellLimit order works.

The order is set above the current price and opens a Sell position the moment the price reaches the order level.

It is still involved in the subsequent price movement upwards, liquidating your deposit. If you correctly predicted the reversal level, the price will go down, and you will gain some profit, but only if the price reaches this level.

Conclusion: study the facts, people who are more or less prepared, or who need help, rather than the first timers, usually hang out here.

And one more thing. It is not difficult to recognize a trend in real time, but such an opportunity is usually late and does not allow to make a stable profit on trend following tactics.

But it is not very difficult to detect quickly a trend reversal, without making any predictions and reversing a position until the next reversal eventually occurs.

You're right, I misspoke in a hurry. My apologies... Of course, I meant SELL_STOP in this case and i've attached a screenshot of it. I wouldn't have got that picture otherwise.

In fact, I just wanted to show that there are methods of cutting off undesirable events without using indicators or other forecasting methods. In this case we do not make any predictions at all, we do not look back, we just look into the present (here and now). (SELL_STOP). We do not take part in this mess. If the price goes down, we will take part in it.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:

prove it. Otherwise it's just words.

You can prove both.

For example. Let's frame a price change as 1 candle and try to find a trend or a flat there...

This is not the subject of an argument, just a call for rethinking.

Or let's form the result of the heads and tails test, for example, as an ascending one. As a result we will see similar structures, trends, flats... Figures, etc...