Regularity or Randomness - page 11

secret:

The only thing that is obvious here is that any over-survivor will eventually be buried under a copper tarpaulin. These are the laws of statistics, not my personal opinion.

It's not even a clue)).

And moose are growing by leaps and bounds, sorry to cut the cute ones?))

renatmt5:

I am talking about pseudo-signals that "confirm" on history the effectiveness of indicators, chart patterns, etc. For example, we see that the chart bounces well off the support lines, but in order to draw this support line we need 2 points, and this is 2 bounces that have already happened in the past. Oscillators often form signals post factum; there is a signal on history and there is a price movement but in fact the signal has been formed just after the movement has already happened.
I am not claiming that the market is chaotic, I am expressing my subjective opinion that the high effectiveness of forecasting is a myth. I think that successful trading is first of all the financial discipline and mathematically correct money management model, and secondly the ability to predict the direction and size of price movement.
I repeat - my opinion is subjective

I thought you meant lagging indicator signals.

So why use them?

renatmt5:

I am talking about pseudo-signals "confirming" on history the effectiveness of indicators, graphical figures, etc. We can see, for example, that the chart bounces well off the support lines, but in order to draw this support line, we need 2 points, and that is 2 bounces that have already happened in the past. Oscillators often form signals post factum; there is a signal on history and there is a price movement but in fact the signal has been formed just after the movement has already happened.
I am not claiming the market is chaotic, I am expressing my subjective opinion that high effectiveness of forecasting is a myth. I think that successful trading is first of all the financial discipline and mathematically correct money management model, and secondly the ability to predict the direction and size of price movement.
I repeat - my opinion is subjective

It may be possible to solve the problem of a leading indicator signal, seehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/307847#comment_11078602

Советники на MQL5 которые действительно зарабатывают.
Советники на MQL5 которые действительно зарабатывают.
  • www.mql5.com
Это может помочь всем нам. Давайте советовать советники которые действительно зарабатывают в реальной торговле а не на демо...

secret:

If you trade on a completely random chart (SB), then on average, over the long run, all traders will be at zero. I.e. no one is losing money to anyone. Money is lost only through spread and commission.

Again, this is the laws of statistics, not my opinion.

The market is not a completely random process, so a correction for it: 99.999% of traders lose money (not 100%). But also at the expense of costs.

Here on the forum, I've seen the opinion that the more random the SB chart (I think you mean coin ) the easier it is to make money on it.

apr73:

Here on the forum, I've seen the opinion that the more random the SB chart (I think you mean coin ) the easier it is to make money on it.

There's a tradition on this forum - a man who tosses a coin gets attention :-)

It's because everyone prefers to pick up a coin and not to toss it in the air

Maxim Kuznetsov:

there is a tradition on this forum - a person who flips a coin attracts attention :-)

Because everyone prefers to pick up a coin rather than toss it in the air.

The thing is, I agree with that opinion.

apr73:

My position is to use textbook mathematical facts rather than opinions)

apr73:

I thought you meant lagging indicator signals.

So why use them?

Well, I guess for every tool there is a fan who knows how to squeeze a lot out of it. Every tool can be effective, but only on certain timeframes. The important thing is to catch these periods in the right way :)

renatmt5:

Well, for every tool, there is probably a fan who knows how to squeeze a tinker's worth out of it. Any tool can be effective, but only at certain time intervals. The important thing is to catch these periods in the right way :)

The more you write, the more questions I have.

What does it mean - effective only at certain time intervals.

I'm a beginner myself, please write more simply.

secret:

My position is to use textbook mathematical facts rather than opinions)

Nevertheless, you don't want to see the results of your beliefs, which I pointed out above.