Suggestions for MQL syntax - page 7

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

you mean on *** that will buy algorithms and useless panels

it is possible to earn cooler than in the market (when you don't know how), so it should be developed in itself

in the market, any algorithm can be useless either by accident or temporarily. so what now? not to develop algotrading?

Реter Konow:

In the market, any algorithm may be useful, either accidentally or temporarily. so what now? no development of algorithmic trading?

look at the current state of kodobase. we don't need that kind of development :) except for barabashkin and fxsaber there are mostly repetitions and some meaningless things

and it will continue to evolve because there is no development in it, it will just be a bunch of

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

look at the current state of kodobase... we don't need that kind of development :) except for barabashkin and fxsaber there are mostly repetitions and some meaningless stuff

and it will continue to develop because there is no development in it, it will just be a bunch of

If professional developers and programmers get interested in algotrading (as a business, irrespective of the market), everything will change. The level of Market software will skyrocket. And the code base will remain the same.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

look at the current state of kodobase... we don't need this kind of development :) except for drubashkin and fxsaber there are mostly repetitions and some meaningless stuff

it's just that the developers underestimate it.

kodobase has excellent visibility in the search engines, better than market.

and a few, uh, prolific authors greatly reduce the chance of finding something useful directly looking through the database, and there is still enough useful stuff there. plus there is no normal sorting - for example by number of ratings and number of uploads.

Реter Konow:

If algotrading (as a business, irrespective of the market) gets professional developers and programmers interested, things will change. The level of Market software will rise sharply. The code base will remain the same.

I don't understand the point of this story as usual.

selling on the Market is not algotrading for the sake of algotrading

TheXpert:

the developers just underestimate it.

kodobase has excellent search engine visibility, better than market.

and some very prolific authors make it hard to find something useful just looking through the database, but there's plenty of useful stuff there. plus there's no proper sorting - by number of ratings and number of downloads, for example.

yeah, kodobase is hard to search in its current state :) only in the list of favourite authors if

Alexey Navoykov:

Why? What algotrading task cannot be implemented using the old MQL4 (apart from the GUI)?

I don't really understand why this conclusion. I'm talking about making life easier for a programmer in general.

I have written a detailed post on this subject. The current state of MQL5 does not restrict MT5-algotrading in terms of flexibility.

In contrast to the ancient MQL4, you can write a heavy TS much faster.

Let's distinguish between programmers who earn on Freelance/Market and those who live off of algotrading.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

selling on the market is not algotrading for algotrading's sake

Yes, algotrading is for the sake of algotrading. Development for development's sake. Art for art's sake. Business is for business.

Programmatic advancement is for the sake of attention to a niche. It is a creative progress, interesting to people, which makes them carry money.

There will be no creative progress in algotrading, - there will be no increase of user interest.

that's how I see it.

fxsaber:

Let's distinguish between programmers who earn their money in Freelance/Market and those who live off algotrading.

I'm talking about native MQL, which is now a mixture of bulldog and rhinoceros, with bugs and defects.

So let's not divide it.

fxsaber:

Wrote a detailed post on this topic. The current state of MQL5 has almost no limitations for MT5-algotrading in terms of flexibility.

Unlike the ancient MQL4, you can write a heavy TS much faster.

Let's distinguish between programmers who earn on Freelance/Market and those who live off of algotrading.

So that's what I'm saying, this kind of tasks can be programmed in any language. The whole question is in the convenience, flexibility and reliability of the resulting code. So you believe that MQL5 is the peak of creativity. And Peter Konow considers the old MQL4 as a model. Nothing prevents him from implementing his own tasks. Does this mean that there was no point in developing MQL5, since MQL4 was enough for the needs of algotrading?