Mt4 End of support. - page 5

Who says MT4 is easier than MT5 for a trader? As the orders in MT4 are understood, so are the netting system and the hedge accounting system. It only takes 30 minutes at the most to understand it. And to switch from MT4 to MT5, you will only need 5 minutes for manual trading. Even on a totally different platform, this will not take long at all.

The problem is more with the conditions that brokers provide for MT5. If the spreads are normal, the starting deposit is relatively high and vice versa. You can count brokers with MT5 on the fingers.

The problem is that many of them trade robots and not their own. Not everybody is ready to rewrite on MT5 for money.

Реter Konow:

1. how much time did you have to redesign your toolkit?

2. I have nothing against OOP personally. I personally don't need it at all, but I don't mind that others use it.

However, it certainly prevents programming novices from writing their trading robots and testing their strategies as soon as possible. If OOP is a barrier for beginners, then it is bad for this business as a whole (for algorithmic trading). It must be abolished, otherwise newcomers will not be enticed. imho.

Renat already said that they're creating a language not for novice traders, but for experienced programmers. Accordingly, a trader should order work on a freelance basis and get their ideas implemented.

I'm not a programmer, I started to write the logic of TS by myself, but I've ordered complex things, for example correct work with orders, so I like OOP, it is very convenient to use even for not professional programmer - it allows to delegate writing a part of code.

Реter Konow:

The analogy is flawed. This is the world of trading, and the people who come here are by and large adventurers, not future scientists and engineers. Their aim is to try their luck and make a lot of money fast. Of course, for such serious people as we all are here together with you, it is not serious, - but for them it is only the point of their efforts.

Their initial brainpower is low, and the contrivances of OOP clearly discourage them from actively getting involved in our ecosystem. They would like to quickly and easily test their ideas, and they get such a load dumped on their heads that they can't help but get scared and think, "why do I need it...?"

Of course, this is a very figurative and cartoonish representation of things, but the point is still the same.

so, for the sake of adventurers and morons with "their initial brain power is low" we have to fuck up all the achievements of civilization, just to make them comfortable ???

i.e. it is necessary to sink to the level of adventurers and morons with "their initial brainpower is insignificant", so they would quickly and simply check their delusions, and when convinced that they are really delusional, they say to themselves "what for do I need it..." knowingly, not from a fright of the load they have got?

The ecosystem is what the ecosystem is all about, rejecting alien elements (adventurers and morons, etc.). If the ecosystem does not reject them, it will die.

Олег avtomat:

So, for the sake of adventurers and morons with "their initial brainpower is insignificant" we should disregard all achievements of civilization, just to make it convenient for them?

so they have to descend to the level of adventurers and morons with "their initial brainpower is insignificant", so they would quickly and easily check their delusions and when they are convinced that they are really delusional, they say to themselves "what for do I need it..." knowingly, not from the fright of the load they have got?

The ecosystem is what the ecosystem is all about, rejecting alien elements (adventurers and morons, etc.). If the ecosystem does not reject them, it will die.

Perhaps my reasoning is wrong. However, I am proceeding from my understanding of business. From a business perspective, users should not be neglected. The main task of DC is to attract as many people from all over the world as possible, not to form a narrow group of professionals and scientists. Our ecosystem is only needed for comfortable communication and education of users of different backgrounds. So that incoming users get a chance to develop their ideas and put them into practice. If the ecosystem becomes unfavourable for any category of users, these users leave. The business suffers a loss. You have to think of everyone and consider the needs of each person.

All this community exists for is someone else's business. Users need this ecosystem for business too. We need to make it comfortable, simple and accessible for everyone.

In this case, no one who comes here should be an outsider just because they cannot overcome the intellectual barrier that has been established. Such an attitude is inappropriate from a business point of view.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Renat has already said that they are not creating a language for novice traders, but for experienced programmers. Accordingly, the trader should order work on a freelance basis and get the implementation of his ideas.

I am not a programmer, I started to write the logic of TS by myself, but I have ordered complex things, for example the correct work with orders, so I like OOP, it is very convenient to use even for not professional programmer - it allows me to delegate the writing of a part of the code.

The community accepts people of different programming backgrounds. If the intellectual barrier of one platform is objectively higher than the other, why displace one of the platforms? It turns out that the community needs both platforms. For the more trained, MT5, for the less trained, MT4.

That's exactly what I can't understand, but I accept this state of affairs and adapt to it. What can you do...

Реter Konow:

Perhaps my reasoning is wrong. However, I am proceeding from my understanding of business. From a business perspective, users should not be neglected. The main task of the DC is to attract as many people as possible from all over the world, not to form a narrow group of professionals and academics. Our ecosystem is only needed for comfortable communication and education of users of different backgrounds. So that incoming users get a chance to develop their ideas and put them into practice. If the ecosystem becomes unfavourable for any category of users, these users leave. The business suffers a loss. You have to think of everyone and consider the needs of each person.

All this community exists for is someone else's business. Users need this ecosystem for business too. You have to make it comfortable, simple, and accessible for everyone.

In this case, no one who comes here should be an outsider just because they can't overcome the intellectual barrier that has been established. Such an attitude is not appropriate from a business point of view.

Business is business is business -- a business religion...

It is inappropriate from abusiness point of view to alienateadventurers, morons, suckers !!! Business needs them, without them business suffers a loss. Right?

Олег avtomat:

business business business business business -- straightforward business religion ...

It is impractical from abusiness point of view to alienateadventurers, morons, suckers !!! Business needs them, without them business suffers a loss. Right?

You should not throw around epithets like "morons", "adventurers", "suckers"... You can accidentally become one of them. They are just people. And yes, business decides everything.

Реter Konow:
You should not throw around epithets such as "morons", "adventurers", "suckers"... You can accidentally end up among them. They are just people. And yes, business decides everything.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Mt4 End of support.

Retag Konow, 2017.09.09 23:20

The analogy is flawed. This is the world of trading, and the people who come here are by and large adventurers, not future scientists and engineers. Their goal is to try their luck and make a lot of money fast. Of course, for such serious people as we all are here together with you, it is not serious, - but for them it is only the point of their efforts.

Their initial brainpower is low, and the contrivances of OOP clearly discourage them from actively getting involved in our ecosystem. They'd like to quickly and easily test their ideas, and they get such a load dumped on their heads that they can' t help but get scared and think, "why do I need it...?"

Of course, this is a very figurative and cartoonish representation of the state of affairs, but the point is still the same.

I was just translating from your tolerant bird's-eye into Russian.But the point is still the same.

Reg Konow: And yes, business decides everything.

Mormon?

Олег avtomat:

I only translated it from your tolerant bird's tongue into Russian.but the gist is still the same.

Mormon?

You translated it into bullshit, not Russian. I told you not to throw around epithets.

What does this have to do with Mormons?

If you don't understand the meaning of business, it means you haven't reached capitalism yet. I have long lived within the depths of this capitalism, and so your lack of understanding of the obvious things is strange to me. Vestiges of the Soviet past?

Реter Konow:

You translated it into bullshit, not Russian. Told you not to throw around epithets.

What's this got to do with Mormons?

If you don't understand the meaning of business, then you haven't grown up with capitalism yet. I have been living inside of it for a long time, so your lack of understanding of the obvious is strange to me. Vestiges of the Soviet past?

Your lack of knowledge shows...

The GOP is preventing him from"trying his luck and making a lot of money fast" -- capitalist, my ass... That's funny.

This conversation is over. Cheers, capitalist.