Structure and composition of FOREX market participants - page 13

geratdc:
There is another post - the Central Bank's response in the thread about the risk of forex closure in Russia.
Forex can be "closed" as well as the starry sky. Forex has been around as long as there has been a market trade in currencies.

geratdc:

Good afternoon!

Our liquidity provider is xOpenHub UK.

I will be in contact with xOpenHub tomorrow. I will find out if it will give me a quote history if I sign an agreement with its partner broker.

Yeah...

Pretty good to find out.

In his article "The Hunt for Superior Signals - Two Moving Function Hybrids" published in September 2005, William Rafter described the Moving Slope Rate Of Change (MSROC) indicator. Here is the indicator, created according to the original description.

Instead of using only the price change for slope calculation (like in the Rate Of Change indicator, or ROC), the slope of the least squares line is used to calculate MSROC. This gives a smoother result than when using regular ROC. Thus, the number of false signals is significantly reduced compared to ROC. In addition to simply displaying the slope, this version has a coloured area that helps to identify when the zero line is crossed. This makes it possible to use the indicator to determine the direction of a long-term trend.

The original indicator uses only the closing price (like ROC), but because we have the ability to use long periods as well, we can use all the usual price types for experimental purposes. This allows us to determine which one is optimal to use, depending on the market and the calculation period.

Recommendations

• One way to use the MSROC indicator is to look for its intersection with the zero line (to confirm the change in the trend direction).
  • The second way is to use the MSROC line slope (as an early warning of weakening trend strength).