Forget random quotes - page 13

faa1947:

Let them be. See, their monitors are already cracking - the root causes don't fit.

Your sort of irony is incomprehensible.

Your posts demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the basics of price formation, from the text of the thread title to the arguments.

anonymous:

You cannot strictly prove the existence of a*t or a*t^2 trend. When estimating model parameters with such terms at different data points, the coefficients will differ statistically significantly (in previous discussions I suggested checking this with Chebyshev inequality), i.e. there is no estimation error, but incorrect model specification - in this case even R^2=0.99 does not tell us anything.

No doubt about it. I only mentioned this as a technique in modelling. A positive result requires thinking about detrending and maybe the type of function. But this is only the beginning of thinking.

faa1947:

Still, it's not a bad idea to train yourself to always answer on the merits.

The assumptions were ridiculous.
faa1947:

In my several posts I refer to specific examples of models where time is clearly of the essence of the argument. Instead you are about caring about your monitor.

I've checked, these models of yours are no good for anything useful.

Mischek2:

Your kind of irony is not understandable.

Your posts show a complete lack of understanding of the basics of price formation, from the text of the thread title to the arguments.

It turns out that it also applies to you - more specifically. You should have read the post when you opened the thread in advance.

HideYourRichess:
Those were ridiculous assumptions.
I've checked, these models of yours are of no use whatsoever.
Which models did you test? On what assumptions? What packages were used? I'm very interested.

Mathemat:

I like this one:

yosuf: I think the price should depend first and foremost on ones elf,

I'm not interested in the small print. I'm interested in the blue highlighted, that's where I'm looking. The author's spelling is retained.

Yusuf is not quite right here. Price does not depend on itself in the first place. I find it hard to say which one. And this order is not constant. Today people with cries of "get it cheaper" are rushing around the market, tomorrow in a similar situation tend to dump everything they have, and do not look at the price, just to get out of position, "even in their socks.

I do not understand why you (plural) do not look at the processes and why you absolutise the price.

faa1947:
What specific models have you tested? On what assumptions? What packages were used? I'm very interested.

Are you insinuating that you have some unique models? And anyway, isn't econometrics different for us? It's simple, take the thickest textbook on it, and check it in order. That's what I did, by the way. Again, I see the problem in the approach itself, not in the accuracy of the calculations or anything else like that.

HideYourRichess:

This is where Yusuf is not quite right. Price does not depend on itself in the first place. I find it hard to say which one. And this order is not constant. Today people with cries of "get it cheaper" are rushing around the market, tomorrow in a similar situation tend to dump everything they have, and do not look at the price, just to get out of position, "even in their socks.

I do not understand why you (plural) do not look at the processes and why you absolutise the price.

Quite right. A white candle in an up-trend does not guarantee the next white candle. There can be an up-trend reversal in the market at any time. And I don't understand how interbank libs affect forex price. Let the topicstarter explain where the puppets are pushing the buttons.

OlegTs:

The supply/demand ratio is hidden from us and masked by all sorts of filters

What about the stock market?!

A picture, just in line with the theme.

Deciphering: the man behind the wheel - the price, the ass with the bike - the real factors, the aunt - er...