The regularities of price movements: Part 2. Series of bars - page 7

vasya_ber:

Per diem ban for mate

DmitriyN:

I don't have my own personal account, but I sometimes manage a pretty good account of another person - a relative of mine - when he cannot do it himself and of course I am familiar with many of the "intricacies" of management. I should say at once that I am not a grail-wielder. My abilities are estimated at no more than 60-80% a year with a 20-30% drawdown (depends on the market situation).

A decent result. I understand that we are talking about the stock market. Then what attracted you to forex and MQLs?

Roman100:
A decent result. I take it we are talking about the stock market. What, then, attracted you to forex and MQLs?
There is a saying: "Hard in the drill is easy in the fight" :) MQL is not a difficult language, you can learn it in a year or two.
If you work without any "bullshit", there is not much difference.

DmitriyN:
MQL is not a difficult language, you can learn it in a year or two.
One week of full immersion to be able to write an average indicator, the same week to be able to write a simple Expert Advisor for a tester.

TheXpert:
A week of full immersion on the ability to write an average indicator, the same amount on the ability to write a simple EA for a tester.
You won't get a full immersion, you need a scuba diver :) I take what has already been written and modify it to my requirements, it's easier that way. At the same time I learn something new.
But sometimes I encounter something incomprehensible to my mind. For instance, today I've encountered that I can't divide a number by an integer - I get zero - it's an interesting language.

Here's a scrap from MyKibo (the predecessor) that I dug up. You can use it as a tool for finding series. throw it on the chart, pull the green face - change it to red mouse, pull the control with disk and up arrow to become green. The first variable in the settings is number of bars for analysis, the second one is maximal pattern length (not more than 5).
Files:

TheXpert:
One week of full immersion for knowing how to write an average indicator, the same week for knowing how to write a simple Expert Advisor for a tester.

Half a week of complete immersion for the average indicator...... is a lot even for a novice programmer.

And for a programmer, it takes a couple of hours or less to learn, I think.

But to write a competent Expert Advisor, if it's also for real money - that's right... much more time-consuming .

FAQ:
That's not bad. What language is it written in?

Roman100: Alexander, if you had this alternative

1- with ver. 100% lose 50%.

2 - with ver. 25% lose 200%, but with ver. 75% lose nothing.

Which would you choose? Which alternative do you think is more profitable?

if there were such alternatives... I wouldn't gamble :-) it's the same probability in both situations and it makes no difference to lose $200 on average over 4 games for both variants

Roman100:
That's not bad. What language is it written in?

;) In this one, which in a week... It's bullshit, a draft, nothing outstanding... Yes and the draft is shit too, although it can be much more. go to mykibo.com download and use it, but there will be no updates.