3 MA EA needed

Hi all, I've been looking at forex trading for 4 or 5 months and have spent some time with practise accounts and such like, I've read up on chart analysis for many many hours, I've put a very small amount of money in an account and found that positions get closed by my broker when I don't have much left but it was good practise to experience first hand what the value of a pip is, how much it can swing in a day and obviously I saw the CHF go bananas, glad I wasn't in on that one.

So I'm a Linux engineer, I do some scripting but not much, I've even done some Oracle database exports and imports and created a simple MySQL database but mainly I look after the Linux OS, I understand the concepts of 'includes' in programming but put a full on example of an EA in front of me and it's ever so daunting to understand it.
I have a 1 year old boy and my fiancé and I are planning for a wedding in 3 months so the only time I get for this is about 2-3 hours after his bed time and before I crash for the evening if I'm lucky, I'd like to spend some time learning mql but I just can't see it happening as quickly as I'd like.

I know exactly what I want for now, if this is put in front of me I think I would be able to break it down, look at and learn from each component then rebuild it if needed, but the initial build is beyond me at this stage and I wondered if anyone would be able to help out.

I'd like an EA that buys or sells when a 3 period EMA crosses a 21 period EMA and closes the position when the 3 period EMA crosses (in the opposite direction) an 8 period EMA, so in all there's 3 Exponential Moving Averages, a 3 period, 8 period and 21 period.  It's that simple, I'd like it to execute trades and maybe prompt for lot size when it's being added to charts etc but otherwise I think this would start me off nicely, allow me to backtest on various currency pairs and chart periods and give me a kick start to learning more.  I know there are EA examples in MetaTrader and MetaEditor but I'm almost certain that they (appear to) include a whole load more stuff than required and filtering the crap from the meaningful stuff takes time.

I totally understand if this is a naughty request and skills like this should be bought but you know, if someone asks me to fix their computer I help out all the time, especially my future in-laws, sometimes spending hours recovering and cleaning their device full of viruses and malware and I only ever ask for sustenance, so I wondered if this might be the done thing on here.

If not, can someone give me some guidance so I can complete a half finished EA or something?

I may be lambasted for this but you know, desperate times and all that.
Your's in slight desperation (thus far)
Arrold

In that section you can hire devolepers to code you a custom EA...You will have to pay, nothing is free today. (Time is money!)
MQL5 jobs
MQL5 jobs
  • www.mql5.com
Orders for the development of automated trading programs

Matija14:
In that section you can hire devolepers to code you a custom EA...You will have to pay, nothing is free today. (Time is money!)
Arrold:
Hi all, I've been looking at forex trading for 4 or 5 months and have spent some time with practise accounts and such like, I've read up on chart analysis for many many hours, I've put a very small amount of money in an account and found that positions get closed by my broker when I don't have much left but it was good practise to experience first hand what the value of a pip is, how much it can swing in a day and obviously I saw the CHF go bananas, glad I wasn't in on that one.

So I'm a Linux engineer, I do some scripting but not much, I've even done some Oracle database exports and imports and created a simple MySQL database but mainly I look after the Linux OS, I understand the concepts of 'includes' in programming but put a full on example of an EA in front of me and it's ever so daunting to understand it.
I have a 1 year old boy and my fiancé and I are planning for a wedding in 3 months so the only time I get for this is about 2-3 hours after his bed time and before I crash for the evening if I'm lucky, I'd like to spend some time learning mql but I just can't see it happening as quickly as I'd like.

I know exactly what I want for now, if this is put in front of me I think I would be able to break it down, look at and learn from each component then rebuild it if needed, but the initial build is beyond me at this stage and I wondered if anyone would be able to help out.

I'd like an EA that buys or sells when a 3 period EMA crosses a 21 period EMA and closes the position when the 3 period EMA crosses (in the opposite direction) an 8 period EMA, so in all there's 3 Exponential Moving Averages, a 3 period, 8 period and 21 period.  It's that simple, I'd like it to execute trades and maybe prompt for lot size when it's being added to charts etc but otherwise I think this would start me off nicely, allow me to backtest on various currency pairs and chart periods and give me a kick start to learning more.  I know there are EA examples in MetaTrader and MetaEditor but I'm almost certain that they (appear to) include a whole load more stuff than required and filtering the crap from the meaningful stuff takes time.

I totally understand if this is a naughty request and skills like this should be bought but you know, if someone asks me to fix their computer I help out all the time, especially my future in-laws, sometimes spending hours recovering and cleaning their device full of viruses and malware and I only ever ask for sustenance, so I wondered if this might be the done thing on here.

If not, can someone give me some guidance so I can complete a half finished EA or something?

I may be lambasted for this but you know, desperate times and all that.
Your's in slight desperation (thus far)
Arrold
You can find this type of Free EA from google search. Near about 2 years ago I had used this type of EA and collected from different forum, like forex factory, forex TSD etc. Just search and download free and then you can modify with your own strategy. Otherwise you can submit this job to here Freelance Job section and spend some $. That's all Bro.

You can locate a 3 ma ea on this site, download it and look at the code and then ask someone to modify it according to your specs.

Or, perhaps you can modify the code.

you can search on google or forex factory for this type of free EA, search name: Universal ma cross EA, hope that can be useful for you.

Thanks. 

I don't know if it is exactly what you need but take a look to this "code base" source. Is free and you can modify it as you prefer:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1079?utm_campaign=MetaTrader+5+Terminal&utm_medium=special&utm_source=mt5terminal+codebase

Also I found this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/250

up3x1_Krohabor_D
up3x1_Krohabor_D
  • votes: 13
  • Dmitry Fedoseev
  • www.mql5.com
Expert Advisor based on three moving averages and exit using Stop Loss or Take Profit. It sets up an entry with the trend.

Rosiman:

I don't know if it is exactly what you need but take a look to this "code base" source. Is free and you can modify it as you prefer:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1079?utm_campaign=MetaTrader+5+Terminal&utm_medium=special&utm_source=mt5terminal+codebase

Also I found this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/250

You mentioned for MQL5 only, not for MT4.

nirob76:
You mentioned for MQL5 only, not for MT4.

Inside topic I don't see the EA request for a specific platform. I do read that Arrold is a programmer but without MQL experience. So just with this free code maybe he is able to make little changes to satisfy his request.

But Arrold isn't answering. Disappear

Rosiman:

Inside topic I don't see the EA request for a specific platform. I do read that Arrold is a programmer but without MQL experience. So just with this free code maybe he is able to make little changes to satisfy his request.

But Arrold isn't answering. Disappear

Never mind, rating said new comer. Thanks.