There's a catch somewhere... - page 7

paukas:

When you're young, you all think - what a load of crap, a couple of points. Then comes the epiphany.

It is necessary to develop further with age, and not to remain forever young! (with spread problems).

Cmu4:

Justify.

The cost of the item goes up.

Work without a margin for error - at the brink of a foul.

To illustrate:

Try losing at 1:50 leverage and 100k depo - it's not that easy.

Now, let's say with a depo of 100 - 200 greenbacks and leverage == 1000;

Tantrik:

You have to keep evolving with age, not stay forever young! (with spread problems)
I was born in Mesopotamia 2125 years ago... (с)

paukas:

There are two meanings to the term "leverage":

1. the ratio of the collateral to the lot.

2. the ratio of own funds to borrowed funds.

He is talking about leverage in the second sense.

It has actually been said

Krohabo:

I've been in the market for 3 years, a month ago I switched to real, of course I have earned funny money at all, but on Alpari) now I'm withdrawing from it all in vain. I am torn between Insta and Exnax, can you advise me which one is better? I have chosen these brokerage companies because they have 1:1000 leverage.

so, naturally, we are talking about the second case

valenok2003:

it was actually said

so, naturally, it's about the second case
That's not it. The leverage that the DC declares is the first sense. And everyone is talking about it except you. Hence the misunderstanding.

Margin trading is as evil as it gets. I ended up with a multi-currency deposit at the bank. In September I thought that the ruble's prospects were wooden, so I converted everything into dollars and then back into rubles. As the result +5% in a fortnight, for me it was no risk at all, there was no margin call, I slept in peace without any stops. Trading with leverage 1:1 so to speak)

Figar0: Trading with leverage 1:1 so to speak)
I trade exclusively with that kind of leverage :) it clears my mind.

Figar0:
Margin trading is as evil as it gets. I ended up with a multi-currency deposit at the bank. In September I thought that the ruble's prospects were wooden, so I converted everything into dollars and then back into rubles. As the result +5% in a fortnight, for me it was no risk at all, there was no margin call, I slept in peace without any stops. I traded on 1:1 leverage, so to speak.)
There is no leverage here.

Figar0:
Margin trading is as evil as it gets. I ended up with a multi-currency deposit at the bank. In September I thought that the ruble's prospects were wooden, so I converted everything into dollars and then back into rubles. As the result +5% in a fortnight, for me it was no risk at all, there was no margin call, I slept in peace without any stops. I traded on 1:1 leverage so to speak.)
But the spread is insane :)

"I've been in the market for 3 years, switched to real a month ago..."

I'm brain dead