A sub-workshop to fill in the FAQ (frequently asked questions). Let's help comrades! - page 9

It's clear that you've got me all confused)

I will limit myself to not taking a report until I disable the EA, I think it's safer that way, like foolproofing.

granit77:

A WORKING LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. IS UPDATED BY USERS IN THIS THREAD.
Suggest questions and requests for writing answers in the branch, here, in this post we will mark who does, so as not to overlap.

Tried to get into the gist of the event. It seems to me the formulation of the problem and its vision is somewhat overdone. That's why the matter doesn't really move forward. Such FAK will not only fail to help the users, but also confuse their uninformed minds, because a number of questions will stupidly duplicate the same textbook/article, etc. The FAK should be more concise and contain answers to the really most frequently asked and recurring questions. We should start with very basic questions, such as:

- Where do I start as a beginner?

- A brief description of the program structure (terminal/tester/editor)

- Why does it not work in the Strategy Tester/Terminal?

- Ways to implement your idea in code.

- Suggest a brokerage company? (don't discuss them here, if they are discussed, then very accurately, etc.)

- Check out this report...

- How to Test an EA?

- How to install and run the Expert Advisor.

- Where to look for the error (logs) and what it means?

- A Quick Start Guide for Analyzing Test/State Results.

- How to trade "on bars"

- etc.

Answers should be as concise and understandable to the untrained reader, and mainly contain references to relevant materials. Sections such as "Examples of work with objects" on hell does not need Faq, because its target audience is designed for users not familiar with such concepts in the context of MT, do not relate to frequently asked, will blur the meaning of Faq and will completely duplicate the textbook chapters and references. Those who know what the objects in the terminal - know where to read about them, and what is not there, the Fakus have nothing to do and it is quite acceptable to ask a question in the forum. Too "puffy" FAC will be less useful than a brief one. You can also include there neural networks, basics of spectral analysis and probability theory.) For the selection of questions in the FAC must be a clear criterion: the frequency of questions and help to a complete beginner, what would orient him. It is not necessary simply to list all possible, unnecessary work and as a result not useful.

It seems to want to be involved and help in the filling, but do not even know what side to approach).

Z.I. Yes, and it's time to open FAC, fixing it in the appropriate place, though with the notation "in development" (and then he always "sinks" as not edited, the topic is clearly closed to the writing, even by whom). No need to wait for its full completion, just supplement, editing the table of contents in the course of the finished material. It will be clear what is done and how much progress.

Z.U.2. Let's right here and now select the 10 most common questions and quickly implement the answers to them? And let this fact begin to be useful.

For now, I'll start writing on the subject of "where to start as a beginner".) What if it does come in handy? The most important question in my opinion.

Z.I. Although it's already been somewhere, as far as I remember, but drowned in the bowels of the forum...

Figar0:

For now, I'll start writing on the subject of "where to start as a beginner".) What if it does come in handy? The most important question in my opinion.

If you can do it nicely (briefly and concisely), I think I'll put it among the first in the FAC.

---------------

the rest of the list needs all but: "I can't imagine what you are going to introduce to a newbie MQL-programmer.

sergeev:

the rest of the list needs everything except: "I can't imagine what you plan to introduce a newbie MQL programmer to.

Of course not DC to advise) Just similar threads somewhat annoying in their frequency and have a very obvious result for the one who asks the question. We will try to return the question to the beginning of the article. But it's hard to take words out of ones mouth.

The answer is schematic. We do not discuss DCs here according to forum rules. We will send you the link to search systems and the approximate request. (The basic idea of the project is to estimate the total volume of the Market exchange market and the market share of the traders.

But yes I just wanted to roughly indicate the possible questions. The rules here, it is not for me to set or even for us to set. No - so no.

sergeev:

If you can expose this question in a concise way, I think I'll place it among the first in the FAC.

I have already started and what grows will grow. I will try to make it "beautiful".

Figar0:

Well, of course not DC to advise) Just such threads are somewhat annoying in their frequency and have a very obvious result for the one who asks the question. Almost none. But you can't take a word out of my mouth.

The answer is schematic. DCs are not discussed here according to forum rules. Reference to search engines and an approximate request for what to look for. (DC, ECN, Metatrader, etc.) Probably, the links to thematic resources where such discussions and questions will be appropriate.

But yes I just wanted to roughly indicate the possible questions. The rules here, it is not for me to set or even for us to set. No - so not.

I see. send it to a selection of resources on the subject. ok.

Figar0:

Z.I. Although it's already been somewhere, as far as I remember, but drowned in the depths of the forum...

All the remarks are fair, but there are so many variants, that there will not be one that fully meets all the requirements.
We proceed from the following assumptions:
- What you get in the FAC will not sink in the depths. This was the main goal.
- the link-questions page is always there, always available for editing. That is, when the concept changes, we shuffle and organize it without any problems.
- The answers can also be edited, supplemented, added links, decorated, files, pictures and videos can be inserted.

Today, we paste everything posted here by verified users with a minimal breakdown by section. All suggestions for structuring, editing replies etc. are considered and implemented if possible. Over time, a bundle of straw will turn into a fine tool.
As an incorrigible pessimist, I'm sure that newbies won't read it, as they don't read documentation or a textbook. But the undoubted benefit will be for two categories:
- those who are looking for a solution sunk in the bowels of

- For those who reply to newbies, instead of a lengthy dialogue, a link to a ready-made answer would suffice.

At the very least, the FAC will work as fertiliser for Sergeev's larger idea.

One more thing. Repeated questions and answers are scattered all over the forum. Please bring the ones you find here as well, not just the ones you write yourself.

A related question has arisen: Is the FAC still created for MT4? Or on MT4/MT5? I think I wanted to do it all at once, but that would just be unnecessarily confusing. Probably still MT4....

Figar0:

A related question has arisen: Is the FAC still being created for MT4? Or on MT4/MT5? I think I wanted to do it all at once, but that would just be unnecessarily confusing. Probably still MT4....

Yes. only for mt4 for now. MT5 next year. :)

Gentlemen, that would be all right, but please find a suitable replacement for FAC.

Otherwise it just makes you want to add another letter... ю ) ))