Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 4

03 urgent:) Well if you count a tick as a candle, then a tick is a candle:) If the ticks are collected in bars, it will not be a tick chart, but bars... Although, you know what I mean :) There are also equivolume bars; there were a lot of talks about them here.

Integer:
03 urgent :)

easy... :))))

I meant the visual construction of the tick chart in the main window of MT4: a tick on it can be drawn by a dart (left picture) or by a segment between two neighboring darts (right picture)

On the left - it means that prices were only at the levels of the ticks, on the right - it means that the price "went" from one point to the other, we just weren't shown (not given) "intermediate" ticks.

ForexTools:
I do not need candlesticks (for this problem, of course). i am interested in another thing: what is the fundamental difference between a tick chart (read - continuous) and a candlestick chart (read - discrete) and what can be "seen" on ticks that is not on bars and how this new indicator will show the old ones ;)

The difference in ticks is a large amount of information. Indicators will show more noise. (all questions seem to be answered above)

Many people here know that I am an advocate of tick charts. Here is a link to read it, maybe someone will think about it and become a better trader

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2176/page3#comment_25206

As for the tick chart, about the ForexTools dashes, I totally agree with you. As for the tickframe, it's a shame that we have no tickframe in 5 and we still have some gaps in charts

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/1031/page8#comment_20370

Although this topic (extreme link) needs to be read from the beginning, otherwise it will be in bits and pieces and you won't get the whole picture.

ForexTools: I am interested in another: what is the fundamental difference between a tick (read - continuous) chart

There is no continuity there, Sergei. Three years ago I posted one micro-study of tics. What were the conclusions?

1. If ticks would follow each other at equal time intervals, everything would be tip-top: the distribution of tick "amplitudes" itself is almost stationary.

2. All the non-stationarity of bar (candlestick) returns comes from the highly unequal distribution of lags between ticks.

3. I haven't tried to build tickframe indictors, but it's very likely that many of them would look very different than on barframes. But the tickframe plots lack the most important information - the time between arrivals of neighbouring ticks.

Mathemat:

But tickframe constructions are devoid of crucial information - the times between the arrivals of neighbouring ticks.

Why is this information crucial?

That's a good question. I haven't thought of an answer yet. I'll keep thinking.

Can someone at least show me what the usual tickframes indictors look like compared to those on barframes?

Mathemat:

That's a good question. I haven't thought of an answer yet. I'll keep thinking.

Can anyone at least show me what the usual tickframe indictors look like compared to those on barframes?

What's the point?

I have this opinion - based on my research into different indicators and strategies.

The closing price is not as important as it is portrayed. What's important is some _general_ trend... more generally - some significant price changes justified by something (e.g. news, divergences, %paradigmname%). And I think many practicing traders would agree with me.

In this aspect, candlesticks, ticks, etc. are not all that important.

The time between ticks makes no difference.

Whether the market ticks 100 ticks in a second or a minute makes no difference.

P.S. By the way, on the JForex API the tick events come precisely from market changes (signed financial instruments), and not from an individual financial instrument. And that seems to be the right thing to do.

hrenfx:

The time between ticks makes no difference.

Whether the market came in 100 ticks in a second or a minute makes no difference.

You are wrong.