Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 10

90% of the time and more lockknock. So equity is in place too.

Well, congratulations are in order for the first ten pages.

001 >> :

Yes, but the thing is, no one knows how far the price will move away from the position until it gets back to it. What if there's not enough money for the depo? I don't care about it with BOTH, I can wait a week and if the price comes back I will close BOTH positions in profit and I can close whenever I want if I think things are bad.

This is where your explanation smells a lot like theory.

But in practice I have a friend who sits in a locked drawdown of 13 thousand dollars with a deposit of 18 thousand dollars.

i got a good result, i dont know how to close any positions, i can close whenever i want if i realise it's fucked up.

He opened a position wrong and then blocked it,

The result is obvious.

Locking hides ignorance.

You have understood that you opened incorrectly so lock the position but you do not want to admit it (or the same situation with closing).

Gentlemen! Stop your voluptuous polemics for a moment and understand the proposal:

Within MT4, write a file, that would be included to EAs and that would "intercept" EAs trading signals and form signals for net positions. Of course, in the Expert Advisor trading fi ions should be replaced by those whose signals would be intercepted.

This will solve ALL your disputes, which seemingly will never end. You just need to run two versions of the same EA - one with lots, the other with a net position formed from lots.

Please think in this direction. This is constructive. (Otherwise we will all argue here, for Christ's sake!))

001 >> :
90% of the time and more lockknock. So the equity is also in place.

Isn't it easier not to open at all and equity and balance will be in place :o)

Urain >> :

Here is where your explanation reeks of theory

But in practice I have an acquaintance who has a locked drawdown of 13 thousand dollars with a deposit of 18 thousand dollars

I was the one who thought he could always close, but now I don't know how to unlock the lock for any action and they will close his account.

He opened a position wrong and then blocked it,

Then he averaged out the locking and the market kept moving against him, the result is obvious.

Locking hides ignorance.

You have understood that he opened wrong, lock the position and do not want to admit it (or the same situation with closing).

Maybe the reason is not the lock itself, but:

1. the inability to use it.

2. To clarify, by the way, so as not to confuse the concepts, I used the expression "and then I average the locking" (clarify the meaning, by the way).

Urain писал(а) >>

Here's where your explanation smells a lot like theory.

In practice, I have an acquaintance who is sitting in a locked drawdown of 13 thousand dollars with a deposit of 18 thousand dollars.

I have an acquaintance who thought that he could always close, and now he doesn't know how to unlock the lock.

All because he wrongly opened a position and then blocked it,

The market went against him, the result is obvious.

Locking hides ignorance.

You have already realized that you opened incorrectly, so you lock the position but you don't want to admit it (or the same situation with closing).

This is the main mistake. And totally unacceptable. You should not lock the Martingale. A lock is a lock, Martin is Martin. The lock can only be closed and opened in one case. WHEN the price ALREADY returns to it. In general, you described a case when the person who does not constantly work with locks decided to use it.

If we take it out of MT5, lots of people will change their place of trading.

Mischek писал(а) >>

Or maybe ... as our arguments have run out and do not work ... in the old fashioned way like football fans let's shoot a match somewhere in Kazan not to hurt everyone and not to get close to the source....

and we'll dot all the boxes.

all as it should be - webcasting, nurse on duty, representatives from metaquotes, sponsors Alpari and others.

a good replacement for the failed mts 2009 championships

>> Easy and easy.

Svinozavr >> :

Gentlemen! Stop your voluptuous polemics for a moment and understand the proposal:

Within MT4, write a file, that would be included to EAs and that would "intercept" EAs trading signals and form signals for net positions. Of course, in the Expert Advisor trading fi ions should be replaced by those whose signals would be intercepted.

This will solve ALL your disputes, which seemingly will never end. You just need to run two versions of the same EA - one with lots, and one with net positions formed from lots.

If you have a close signal you have to open a trend position first, then open a counter-trend one. It is constructive. (Otherwise we will quarrel with each other all together!))).

I do not have a single Expert Advisor that opens a lot position,

If I get a counter signal first close all non-trend positions and then open a trend position.

This layout allows queries to be run on a single tick.

Urain писал(а) >>

Wouldn't it be easier not to open at all and the equity and balance would be in place :o)

You can do that if you agree to feed me and my family.