What will happen to the indicators from MT4 - page 10

Urain >> :

That's my point exactly. With the performance that has now been implemented, we have more options,

so it's a step up from the old approach of only implementing the price as in renko.

There is no way to build a reneko in MT, except with crooked God knows who-written indies! The old is what was already there. Was there ever a Renko in MT? The new approach is good, only there are terminals that implemented this step forward a long time ago, as well as many others. I'm certainly not technically versed in the subject, but I still think that if it's possible to plot based on one parameter, it's not so puzzling to plot based on others. However, for some reason this is not a MT priority, instead the language is rewritten... As if that would make trading more profitable. The purpose of forex is to make money. And not to divide and to multiply quotes in a million possible ways with the result shown on the chart. It is obvious, dammit.

Urain >> :

I am not just referring to the market, but to the NFA as a pretty powerful market player.

Any barriers are part of the system too.

Powerful or not, or even a participant, but in any case it compares the shenanigans of the backyard gangs to the city.

The FSA is no less powerful, older and more experienced, and even together they're not yet a market... just two nails in the fence...

:)))

Mathemat >> :

No, I didn't say that at all, God forbid. The DC is of course looking to its own advantage - by choosing a platform that their potential clients have fallen for. I guess this is a case where clients think this platform gives them some advantages, but the brokerage companies see them in turn.

The platform is free to the trader. Could Metacquotes be so successful if it didn't offer some kind of advantage to quote providers - since even some market makers like it more than others?

I can only repeat what I have already said. MT gives customers a toy, the ability to convert price using a variety of algorithms, and to automate some things. That's a good thing. But it is not a trade. This flexibility has nothing to do with profitability. It only gives false hope and distracts attention from what is really important in trading.

Goose >> :

I can only repeat what I have already said. MT gives customers a toy, the ability to convert the price with a variety of algorithms, and automate some things. That's a good thing. But it is not a trade. This flexibility has nothing to do with profitability. It just gives false hope and distracts from the most important things in trading.

Why "false"? Maybe you're making my life meaningless!!!))

And then, seriously, what does "really important in trading" mean?

For me it means a profitable TS. Of course, it's possible to test and optimize it using calculator. I don't care if it's in the column or in the accounts! Are you a Luddite at heart? )))

Personally, I prefer to use C++ like language and MT tester. And the faster it works, the more flexible the tools provided, the better. Somewhere like this...

Svinozavr >> :

Why "false"? Maybe you're making my life meaningless!!!))

And then, seriously, what does "really important in trading" mean?

For me it means a profitable TS. Of course, it's possible to test and optimize it using calculator. I don't care if it's in the column or in the accounts! Are you a Luddite at heart? )))

Personally, I prefer to use C++ like language and MT tester. And the faster it works, the more flexible the facilities provided, the better. Somewhere like this...

Everything is great. But 80% of traders (according to my modest estimation) are not profitable in B+ like you are. It's not my weakness, it's a systemic problem. As if only those with one pant leg blue and one red would be allowed to board the plane.

A good programmer always has an advantage, whether in trading or accounting. But, alas, it is not only programmers who use MT. And for them MT is not the most friendly terminal in terms of charting.

Who's a Luddite?

Goose >> :

Everything is great. Except that 80% of traders (by my conservative understatement) don't go B-plus like you do. It's not my weakness, it's a systemic problem. As if only those with one pant leg blue and one red would be allowed to board the plane.

A good programmer always has an advantage, whether in trading or accounting. But MT is, alas, not only used by programmers. And for them MT is not the most friendly terminal in terms of charting.

>> Who is a Luddite?

MetaQuotes, I believe, will spare no money for anyone who can reasonably show WHERE IS THE BALANCE BETWEEN "chart friendliness" and the functionality of mathematical algorithms programming. It's impossible to implement both at one time, so they (constantly and daily) have to first decide "WHERE WE GO", "what do we do first"?

It is an art to find a balance between available resources and achieving the target function.

Although there are usually many methods of so-called mathematical programming, i.e. optimisation, to help with this, they are all still of little use for the purpose of 'coding'.

Goose >> :

Everything is great. Except that 80% of traders (by my conservative understatement) don't go B-plus like you do. It's not my weakness, it's a systemic problem. As if only those with one pant leg blue and one red would be allowed to board the plane.

A good programmer always has an advantage, whether in trading or accounting. But, alas, it is not only programmers who use MT. And for them MT is not the most friendly terminal in terms of building charts.

Who's the luddite?

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9B%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%82 It's about "Who's a Luddite? "

About the point. I've already agreed that the interface is extremely unfriendly. Ha! I wish I could look into the eyes of the person who wrote the Properties window of the custom turkey!

You don't like the fact that you don't want to be friendly. But once again, you emphasise this by contrasting friendliness and programming opportunities. You give the impression that one excludes the other. (Just because a man has a broken leg doesn't mean he doesn't have a broken arm) It's not OR. Well the developers don't want to be friends! But that's no reason to say that what they have is useless! And you, in a polemical impulse it turns out just so. That's what's tense.)))

Goose писал(а) >>

Renko schedule. Kagi. Volume. Drag and drop orders with a mouse. Signals at the right parameters of indices. Is it terribly difficult to implement? Why are those obvious trading needs ignored while the programming tricks take the first place? I do not understand this.

I think that it is intended to make a fool out of traders' heads to have them search till their grey hairs for a software solution to the problem that cannot be solved by software methods at all. Well, could the Renko chart have been added? Or you don't need to, but you need to remove the lock?

You're telling the truth........ +1

For Goose )))

Svinozavr >> :

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9B%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%82 It's about "Who's a Luddite? "

But you're emphasizing this once again, contrasting the friendliness and programmability. It seems that one excludes the other. (Just because a man has a broken leg doesn't mean his arm isn't broken) It's not OR. Well the developers don't want to be friends! But that's no reason to say that what we have is useless!

Yes there is, there is. For programmers (good ones), MT is probably the most wonderful terminal. But the vast majority of brokers use it, leaving users no choice. As if you go out, spit, and get a programmer. But you don't! This is what I'm talking about. If MT was used in a narrow circle of programmers, no one would mind. But that's the terminal I'm forced to use, and it's not OR. And not just me, but chefs by trade, pilots, pig farmers and bakers too. Humanities students. What is the use of MQL for them? For the sake of buzz, it's good if 10% of traders are forced to scratch their heads.

Loved that about the Luddites, especially this one - "A lot of people were sent to Australia." :)