What happened to the rating of programmers in Freelance? - page 5

Andrei Fandeev:
Just did it again in 10 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/49817:
===

An EA that trades based on two moving averages needs to be written.

It is required to control and process trading errors.

Main criteria for position opening and closing:

price crossed and closed above one moving average. Close position: price has crossed and closed below another moving average. For short - the same, opposite signal.

Make the number of lots to trade an input parameter.
===

Does it take longer than 20 minutes?

How to say... If you do not take into account that in the middle of the work the customer will propose a revision and you will have to explain... what... Then he won't be able to run it in the tester and you will have to explain personally how to use the tester. Then he will not read the description of the EA and will ask questions about the parameters. And so on and so forth.

If the rework is for an old customer, then for 10 is still OK.

If the entire job for 10... this is the worst work, the most nerve-wracking, time-wasting.

Andrei Fandeev:
well just did it again in 10 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/49817:
===

price crossed and closed above one moving average. Closing of position - price has crossed and closed below another average. For short - the same, opposite signal.

To make the number of lots for trading an input parameter.
===

ALL PERFORMERS SET 10.
no one has set 30. Maybe they will, but they will definitely not be selected.

Well, if the customer is too lazy to surf the Internet and look for this EA with open source code, then ask for $10 and give the EA :)

Andrei Fandeev:
Just did it again in 10 https://www.mql5.com/ru/job/49817:
===

price crossed and closed above one moving average. Close position: price has crossed and closed below another average. For short - the same, opposite signal.

Make the number of lots to trade as an input parameter.
===

And show your code of such an Expert Advisor.

ZS... I mean, I personally would only spend 20 minutes brewing coffee, building logic and possible pitfalls in my mind even for such a simple order...

Dmitry Fedoseev:
How can I put it... If you don't take into account that in the middle of the job, the customer will suggest a revision and you will have to explain... what... Then he will not be able to run it in the tester and you will have to explain personally how to use the tester. Then he will not read the description of the EA and will ask questions about the parameters. And so on and so forth.
You can see a connoisseur of the subject under discussion! ))))
I agree.
It happens that way.

Artyom Trishkin:
And show me your code for such an EA...
Artem, you know very well that every prog has already written a bunch of them. On wipers.
And there are templates, where all functions and checks are already there, and they are all time-tested and have been edited and updated many times.
There is practically no need to write anything of this task manually. Everything is ready-made. I am sure you do too.

Oh, I moved to the first page from the second.... kudos to the metaquotes ))

Mikhail Zhitnev:
Oh, I moved to the first page from the second.... kudos to the metaquotes ))
I seem to have progressed too )))) from 23rd to 18th place

Artyom Trishkin:

And show me your code for such an advisor...

ZS... I mean, I'll personally spend 20 minutes just making coffee, thinking over the logic and possible pitfalls of even the simplest of orders...

You, Artyom, are an asshole - why would Fandeyev go overboard?

It's cool to say, that it takes 10-15 minutes to write an Expert Advisor.

The fact that in fact it is far from being so there is a second question.

As for the Expert Advisor on the "two MA crossings" - I personally, as a customer, I can rack my brains to the developer for a few days - for a developer for 10 dollars - everything will end up in a guaranteed arbitrage and a lot of wasted time.

Andrei Fandeev:
You know perfectly well that every programmer has already written plenty of them. On wizards.
And there are definitely templates where all the functions and checks have already been there for a long time, and they have all been tested by time and edited and supplemented many times.
There is practically no need to write anything of this task manually. Everything is ready-made. I am sure you do too.

Can you imagine, there is no such thing. I started writing on commission a long time ago, and immediately took on complex things - I could not take money for such a little toy, and I was not interested in doing something that would be of no use to me or the client.

Even with, of course, everything you need for a simple "cube stack", I will write in an hour, and that if I do not go to smoke. I like measured, thought-out work from the beginning. And then also get the code in order before handing it over.

Artyom Trishkin:

Can you imagine, there is no such thing. I started writing on commission a long time ago, and immediately took on complex things - well, I could not take money for such a toy, and it was not interesting to do something that would not benefit neither me nor the customer.

Even if I, of course, have everything I need to simply "add up the dice", I will write it in an hour, and that if I don't smoke. I like measured, thought-out work from the beginning. And then also get the code in order before handing it over.

Yes, I agree, there are different working styles. Mine is different.