Debugging the DLL? In MT4 and MT5 - page 14

mql5:
Once again, the language environment will evolve, so it is quite realistic emergence of EX5 library (safe for users) allowing to receive data from the Internet, here you (users) should be persistent - to demand such tools from us.

And the use of third-party DLL will always be a risk for the user, here we can not guarantee safety.

That is, for example, DLL are prohibited in settings, from within MQL5 code to access the Internet is impossible (in the existing set of functions available to MQL5 programs there is no appropriate functionality, and DLL are prohibited). However, there is some EX5 library, released by developers, that is part of the client part and provides some additional functions, through which you can still "get into the Internet"?

Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
Программы MQL5 - Документация по MQL5

simpleton:

That is, for example, DLL's are prohibited in settings, from within MQL5 code you cannot access the Internet (the existing set of functions available to MQL5 programs does not contain the corresponding functionality, and DLL's are prohibited), but there is some EX5 library released by developers, included in the client part and providing some additional functions, using which you can still "get into the Internet"?

There is no such library, but creating it in the form of an EX5 is quite realistic. And it may work both in 32- and 64-bits. So you won't need to maintain 2 versions of your program in MQL unlike in DLL

mql5:
There is no such library, but it is quite realistic to create it as EX5. And it will work in both 32 and 64 bits. So you won't need to maintain 2 versions of your program in MQL, as opposed to using a DLL

Excuse me, but HOW? How will it go online without a DLL?

Academic:

Excuse me, but HOW? How will it go online without a DLL?

We have an idea to implement the standard MQL5 functions by HTTP requests.

That is, you can make HTTP/HTTPS requests to third-party resources directly from Expert Advisors. This will be enough to provide 80% of all network needs of EAs.

Of course, there will be a security setting - whether to allow these functions or not, and which URLs to allow access to.

Renat:

We have an idea to implement the standard MQL5 functions by HTTP requests.

In other words, you can make HTTP/HTTPS requests to third-party resources directly from Expert Advisors. This will be enough to meet 80% of all network needs of EAs.

Of course, there will be a security setting - whether to allow these functions or not, and which URLs to allow access to.

Gentlemen, but this is just an example of how you can't embrace what you can't embrace. Give the DLL debugging and decompiler protection, but give the standard decompiler.

What other arguments do you need?

Academic:

Gentlemen, but this is just an example of how you can't embrace what you can't embrace. Give the DLL debugging and decompiler protection, but give the standard decompiler.

What other arguments do you need?

You don't. Ban for insolence.

Rather for aggressive incompetence

Rosh:
Not needed. Ban for insolence.

At the moment there is one point in the rules for which a ban is declared, so the number of the point does not need to be clarified. But this point is vague and lists several possible reasons:

6. Repeated violation of the rules, ignoring the comments of the moderator, and even more - outright disrespect for the Administration of the Internet resource, will result in blocking the account ("ban").

Question: what exactly was the reason for the ban in this case (I'm not asking in defence of the banner, I'm asking it as it is)?

You're such a bore.

simpleton:

At the moment there is one point in the rules for which a ban is declared, so the number of the point does not need to be clarified. But this point is vague and lists several possible reasons:

6. Repeated violation of the rules, ignoring the comments of the moderator, and even more - outright disrespect for the administration of the web resource, shall result in blocking the account ("ban").

Question: what exactly was the reason in this case (I'm not asking in defense of the banned person, I'm asking as it is)?

You will be banned for being a nerd. There is a limit to everything.