Naive beginner's strategies. - page 12

In my opinion, any method in which a pattern is found by collecting statistics is, by default, less effective than a method for finding a pattern by using logic.

Tag Konow:

In my opinion, any method in which a pattern is found by collecting statistics is, by default, less effective than a method for finding a pattern by using logic.

what kind of logic, propositional or predicates?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

what kind of logic, propositional or predicate?

Choosing between types of logic in the process of thinking is like forgetting that you know how to walk and asking, "which foot to get up and walk on?"

Reg Konow:

Choosing between types of logic is like forgetting you know how to walk and asking, "which foot to get up and walk on?"

Through modus ponens?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

stablemate, don't miss the evening milking.

Ban such boorish people. This forum is turning into a criminal's raspberry because of them.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Through modus ponens?

Maxim, well done for teaching the MO. It is undoubtedly the best method of trading "blind". No sarcasm.

The modern market cannot yet allow the artificial intelligence, capable to apply the advantages of human logic, to unfold. In many respects, it is conditioned by extreme depletion of market data, which is available to it. Therefore, the statistical search of patterns is still the most effective for robots. Probably, this situation will change in the future.

Tag Konow:

Maxim, well done for teaching the MO. It is undoubtedly the best method of trading "blind". No sarcasm.

The modern market cannot yet allow the artificial intelligence, capable to apply the advantages of human logic, to unfold. In many respects, it is conditioned by extreme depletion of market data, which is available to it. Therefore, the statistical search of patterns is still the most effective for robots. Perhaps this will change in the future.

I'm just trying to hear some sensible arguments based on experience, that's all. Otherwise it just turns into flooding with different emotional connotations - like I want so, so it is :)

Machine-learning in trading has as much right to exist as any other methods,
TA, foundation, astrology...

Trading is such a controversial undefined field, there are no common standards, that everyone
everybodydoes it his or her own way...

that's why you always have to add your imho...
for me personally, it is nonsense, it has no prospects... but maybe I'm wrong...

nowi:

Machine-learning in trading has the same right to exist as any other methods,
TA, foundation, astrology...

Trading is such a controversial area, so unclear, there are no universal standards, that everyone
everybodydoes it his or her own way...

that's why you always have to add your imho...
for me personally, it's nonsense, it has no prospects... but maybe I'm wrong...

I totally agree. Only the use of MO in algotrading is rather not nonsense, but a natural and necessary stage of its development. I think.

nowi:

Trading is such a controversial and vague area of activity that there are no universal standards.
everybodydoes it his or her own way.

The strategy should suit YOU, your requirements for profit and risk, the machine itself cannot understand what level will be comfortable for you, and you can't do it without it.