big gaps in back testing?

Hi Guys 

I know this problem has reared its ugly head before, but so far there appears no definitive answer to this problem i can find online, the forum or the help files. 

Just taking Eur/ USD i have downloaded all timeframes and running on the 15m test. As soon as i extend the testing beyond a couple of months then the gaps will appear. 

The gaps are not just a couple of days but sometimes several months of data are missing. But if i go to the missing months and perform them in that range alone then the results will be returned if i do them month by month. So the files are there, but not being read correctly during the back testing. I have tried deleting all files and re downloading. Closing down and rebooting, refreshing the charts, tried all options of the open control and every tick methods but nothing so far seems to solve this problem. Any pearls of wisdom welcome?

Thanks in advance

Fookingracis:

Hi Guys 

I know this problem has reared its ugly head before, but so far there appears no definitive answer to this problem i can find online, the forum or the help files. 

Just taking Eur/ USD i have downloaded all timeframes and running on the 15m test. As soon as i extend the testing beyond a couple of months then the gaps will appear. 

The gaps are not just a couple of days but sometimes several months of data are missing. But if i go to the missing months and perform them in that range alone then the results will be returned if i do them month by month. So the files are there, but not being read correctly during the back testing. I have tried deleting all files and re downloading. Closing down and rebooting, refreshing the charts, tried all options of the open control and every tick methods but nothing so far seems to solve this problem. Any pearls of wisdom welcome?

Thanks in advance

Probably bad history data from your broker.