Experts: Forex Calculators - page 4

Sabino Martiradonna #:

I would ask you for a small variation about "Profit calculator" dialog, I don't think it's complicated for you.

The way I think, the stop/profit points are the first elements to decide, and then conseguently calculate the "close price". Is it possible to make the "P/L Points" field editable, and consequently calculate the read-only "Close Price" field? 

It would be great if the "Open Price" field also changed depending on the current price change.

Dear Sabino

Thanks for the feedback. I will add this feature in the next update, soon. 

Grap the Trade #:
Thanks for this great libraries, so generous from your part, it resumes a one month of research

You're welcome dear.

Thanks.

Hi amrali,

thank you very much. One of the best collections of code and functions I have ever found. A question though - is the code working in mq4 as well?

Best regards

Frika #:

Hi amrali,

thank you very much. One of the best collections of code and functions I have ever found. A question though - is the code working in mq4 as well?

Best regards

Thanks.
Unfortunately, some of the functions are not compatible with MT4, as OrderCalcProfit() and OrderCalcMargin() have no counterparts in MT4.

Update 17 Jan, 2024

Forex Calculators v.2.84

Added "Use P/L points" checkbox to allow calculation of profits based on profit or loss points instead of the close price.

A minus sign would be required to indicate the lost points (e.g., -100).

Sabino Martiradonna #:

I would ask you for a small variation about "Profit calculator" dialog, I don't think it's complicated for you.

The way I think, the stop/profit points are the first elements to decide, and then conseguently calculate the "close price". Is it possible to make the "P/L Points" field editable, and consequently calculate the read-only "Close Price" field? 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Experts: Forex Calculators

amrali, 2024.01.17 10:29

Update 17 Jan, 2024

Forex Calculators v.2.84

Added "Use P/L points" checkbox to allow calculation of profits based on profit or loss points instead of the close price.

A minus sign would be required to indicate the lost points (e.g., -100).

Update 19 Jan, 2024

Forex Calculators v.2.85

Fixed minor bug with the 'OnChange' event handlers for 'Checkbox' controls.

Documentation on MQL5: Python Integration / order_calc_margin
Documentation on MQL5: Python Integration / order_calc_margin
  • www.mql5.com
order_calc_margin - Python Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Great work! It would be even greater if we had all this in Python.

at first glance looks useful for manual trading, like TradingView platform. I will be considering to use codes from this lib to create Methods for my EA Strategy Class Thanks

Very useful stuff, thanks for this. My question for you is, can you add to the position size calculator, to calculate the lot size based on the required profit for a certain number of points? For example: I want to make a profit of $100 for 150 points, what lot size do I need to make it?