Meta Quotes Virtual Hosting for MT5 Support etc - page 2

Hi,

How can i check if the MQL Virtual Hosting is working ?

I have the idea that if i switch off my local MT5 that the Virtual Host is not working.

Thanks.

Gr.

Bruun

bruun:

Hi,

I want to check the configuration without Windows PC. Direct to the MQL Virtual Horst.

Is that possible with the MetaTrader App?

Thanks

not possible dear 

MetaTrader mobile App has limitation 

bruun:

Hi,

I have the idea that if i switch off my local MT5 that the Virtual Host is not working.

Thanks.

Gr.

Bruun

I believe it have nothing to do with your local MT5,

To it will work while you switch off your local MT5,

That is why it is call Virtual Host(VPS).

bruun:

Hi,

Thanks.

Gr.

Bruun

MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 works irrespective off - you switched MT5 off or not.

------------

Monitor VPS
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/188920#comment_4800677 

VPS testing and monitoring
VPS testing and monitoring
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I am new to VPS. I have migrated my EA to VPS and can see that VPS is running...

Hakim Precious:

I believe it have nothing to do with your local MT5,

To it will work while you switch off your local MT5,

That is why it is call Virtual Host(VPS).

OK, I ask the programmer of the EA to check his tool. May be the problem is there.

Hi,

I'm running now for 2 weeks a MQL Virtual Host.

I phurcased an EA "The One" now a lot of trades are not made on the Host. When i see my local system there are the trades opend.

I can't find anything in the LOGS. Me and the programmer of the EA can't find the issu.

How can we solve this or how can we see what the host is doing?

Gr.

Bruun

bruun:

Hi,

I'm running now for 2 weeks a MQL Virtual Host.

I phurcased an EA "The One" now a lot of trades are not made on the Host. When i see my local system there are the trades opend.

I can't find anything in the LOGS. Me and the programmer of the EA can't find the issu.

How can we solve this or how can we see what the host is doing?

Gr.

Bruun

It may be some limitation, for example - EA will not work on VPS if EA is using/calling any dll.
Besides, did you check VPS log from VPS journal? Not simple logs ... I am talking about VPS logs (concerning migration, synchronization, how many charts with EA attached were migrated, possible error or no error ...).

If something wrong so you can change VPS server to the other one (once in a week) so may be - it will work with the other VPS server (because, as I remember - few persons had some issue with London 9 server for example).

Sergey Golubev:

It may be some limitation, for example - EA will not work on VPS if EA is using/calling any dll.
Besides, did you check VPS log from VPS journal? Not simple logs ... I am talking about VPS logs (concerning migration, synchronization, how many charts with EA attached were migrated, possible error or no error ...).

If something wrong so you can change VPS server to the other one (once in a week) so may be - it will work with the other VPS server (because, as I remember - few persons had some issue with London 9 server for example).

Hi, 

The EA doesn't use the DLL, 

The strange is sometimes the EA open an position on the host.

Yes i checked all the log files, in MetaTrader right click => journals.

Where can i find more logs?

Now it runs on "London 08". How can i change from server?

Thanks.

Gr.

Bruun

As far as I know - London 8 does not have any problem.

VPS logs (where to find them): Virtual Platform Logs 

You can change VPS server from your profile (hosting section of your profile).
I've never changed VPSN server so I do not have my person experience, but the people are telling that it is possible -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

CHANGE TO ANOTHER VPS

Eleni Anna Branou, 2019.01.21 18:15

The change of the VPS server takes some time to appear on the Navigator window of your MT platform and its only available once a week.

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk Virtual Platform Logs In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired interval...