MT4 + external feed?

Hi,

somebody knows if is it possible to get in some way the CQG feed (historical and live) for mt4? I read something about the api...

thefxpros:
Hi, somebody knows if is it possible to get in some way the CQG feed (historical and live) for mt4? I read something about the api...

thefxpros

There is no such thing as metatrader API (what was posted on a couple of places as metatrader API is nothing close to API - metatrader never published anything like that and they never will - they are telling that it is because of the protection). You can use third party data as offline data (as long as it is stored in metatrader hst file format) but making it being used as usual offline charts will also require some additional fixes

mladen:
thefxpros There is no such thing as metatrader API (what was posted on a couple of places as metatrader API is nothing close to API - metatrader never published anything like that and they never will - they are telling that it is because of the protection). You can use third party data as offline data (as long as it is stored in metatrader hst file format) but making it being used as usual offline charts will also require some additional fixes

Thanks for your fast reply. I was not talking about metatrader api but i looked at cqg api on their site.

I'm really motivated on this project and want to look further, but i have no idea of where to start.

Maybe something of this?

ZagTrader Meta Trader MT4 bridge APIs

Price Feeds plugin for MT4

My goal is to get on a mt4 demo account the same price movements that i see on my ninjatrader live account where i have cqg as price feed.

thefxpros:
Thanks for your fast reply. I was not talking about metatrader api but i looked at cqg api on their site.

I'm really motivated on this project and want to look further, but i have no idea of where to start.

Maybe something of this?

ZagTrader Meta Trader MT4 bridge APIs

Price Feeds plugin for MT4

My goal is to get on a mt4 demo account the same price movements that i see on my ninjatrader live account where i have cqg as price feed.

Frankly I haven't tested that

From the description it is clear that it is an EA (not a plugin) that is downloading data from some external IP. I am not sure that it can work at the desirable speed (multiple problems can arise from downloading a lot of data from some third party IP) but it needs to be tested

Any way, that will make you use the external data the same way you are using offline data now (with all the good and bad points of that)

mladen:
Any way, that will make you use the external data the same way you are using offline data now (with all the good and bad points of that)

Are you sure of this?

i see this video where the esignal platform sends price feed on mt4 standard timeframe chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNgUp15XAM

I just need the same but for ninjatrader...

thefxpros:
Are you sure of this?

i see this video where the esignal platform sends price feed on mt4 standard timeframe chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNgUp15XAM

I just need the same but for ninjatrader...

thefxpros

eSignal can not send price feed to metatrader directly

That EA has to interact with the eSignal in some way. If it is using some eSignal dlls for that or not I have no idea. But what is 100% sure that metatrader will not allow any "foreign" hst file to be used in a run-time if the EA that is collecting that data is not simulating ticks and forces chart refreshes (since metatrader completely ignores any symbol that is not generated by itself)

So, regardless of how (using direct downloads or some eSignal dll API calls) the data is acquired, the chart will be an offline chart