Janus Trading Signals on RAS - page 9

Lst nearly 50% of my live account

Janus,

You REALLY need to get your site going now.

I am seriously pissed off at RAS. It nearly wiped out my account

Psyclone

I have no clue

Dear subscribers,

i have no idea what happened with the orders in TriggerFX.

The RAS website still shows 8 open orders, so does the reference account.

Please give me feedback from the RAS support.

I am very sorry for all the problems, but please understand Janus Trading is not at all related to the RAS developers or their services.

We simply provide signals.

Sorry for all this mess up.

Janus

JanusTrading:
Dear subscribers,

i have no idea what happened with the orders in TriggerFX.

The RAS website still shows 8 open orders, so does the reference account.

Please give me feedback from the RAS support.

I am very sorry for all the problems, but please understand Janus Trading is not at all related to the RAS developers or their services.

We simply provide signals.

Sorry for all this mess up.

Janus

Janus,

I dont think anyone is blaming you. We are blaming RAS. All we want is for you to get your site going so that we can bypass RAS. As I have said, I am pissed of with RAS. Not you.

Further questions

Dear subscribers,

for further assistance on all trading matters and help with RAS signals please PM me!

Our group will assist.

Janus

All RAS signals got automatically closed last night due to a virus attack. TriggerFX incurred big losses!

TriggerFX

Traders,

if you have followed the TriggerFX system description on the RAS 515 website and you have followed the Mt4 stats account, than you should know, that the maximum loss could have been <1.5% of account balance.

But, if you have chosen your own leverage, than your losses might be bigger, if you have take a much higher tradesize.

This is each traders decision.

We, as system vendors, have clearly stated, what leverage we do recommend.

That RAS closed all positions has nothing to do with this and is a totally seperate and very sad happening.

Janus

RAS Losses

Janus,

I fully accept losses if it is due to forex related risks. I would expect that the RAS service will be provided in such a manner that potential technology issues are limited due to pro-active management. What has happened during the past week is to say the least a clear indication of an immature and poorly managed computer infrastructure. Ever since this issue has happened there was no response yet from the people responsible for the RAS service. None! Only excuses.

I still believe that your signals are the best and it is unfortunate but I have no choice but to part ways with Rentasignal as they are untrustworthy and unreliable. I do not need any additional handicaps to prevent me from trading in an already risky forex environment.

Hopefully I will be able to make use of your wonderful trading EAs in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Regards

Migration

JanusTrading:
Subscribers,

as of monday 21st september, there is a problem with the RAS service.

Not only my signals, but ALL SIGNALS are set to "suspended".

Please note, that this is a RAS problem! not a Janus Trading problem.

So far no harm has been done and open trades in TriggerFX and positiontrader GBP-USD are running fine.

MOVE SL/BE to ENTRY on GBP-USD position in RAS system 513.

Janus

Dear Janus,

Please let us know when your site will be up and running. I am sure many subscribers of your signal would like to migrate.

Regards

Pm

bprinsloo:
Janus,

I fully accept losses if it is due to forex related risks. I would expect that the RAS service will be provided in such a manner that potential technology issues are limited due to pro-active management. What has happened during the past week is to say the least a clear indication of an immature and poorly managed computer infrastructure. Ever since this issue has happened there was no response yet from the people responsible for the RAS service. None! Only excuses.

I still believe that your signals are the best and it is unfortunate but I have no choice but to part ways with Rentasignal as they are untrustworthy and unreliable. I do not need any additional handicaps to prevent me from trading in an already risky forex environment.

Hopefully I will be able to make use of your wonderful trading EAs in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Regards

Please PM Janus Trading. There is an alternative to RAS as long as Janus Trading is concerned. Don't loose heart. Where there is a will there is a way

JanusTrading:
Members,

unfortunatly the RAS founders make no difference between trading systems and gambling.

In the past few days a very interesting discussion has started about certain systems and i , on behalf of Janus Trading, like to take the opportunity to point out some of our concerns about some startegies:

1.Several systems on RAS are trading pure or hybrid Martingale strategies and publish returns of 100% per month. While this appears on the first look very promising, there is an often overlooked risk.

All of these systems risk 100% of traders capital and trade with way overleveraged positions, which will cause margin calls on very small movements.

Even, if a system has a 50% equity stop, you are still exposed losing 50% of your trading capital.

The only difference to the 100% exposure right from the beginning is, that you can have the equity stop triggered 2x in a row.

There are systems offered on this website, which deliberatly mislead traders about the actual risk.

If you invest 10 000USD and are willing to risk 5000USD, than there is no assurance, that you will not lose 2x in a row your 5000USD risk money.

Lesson 1:

A trader, who loses almost all of his trading capital is out of business.

Strategies, which already expose traders capital to that risk, put a trader already at the edge.

2.Unfortunatly the statistics page of the RAS website is so bad, that anybody can simply alter timeperiods in the system graph or put different minimum equity on it and have a very profitable system "look" as a losing one.

Lesson 2:

When checking systems, please look at the "start date" and the "total USD" in the very right column first. Than you already know, whether a system has made money or not and during what timeperiod

3.Tradeleverage:

There seems to be a total misunderstanding between 2 very important words:

1.Account leverage

2.Tradeleverage/Positionsize

1.Account leverage is the amount of margin your broker requires to open and maintain a position.

For a 100 000Currency unit position, you usually need 1000CU to open and maintain this position.

Account leverage is 1:100

This number has absolutly nothing to do with:

2.Tradeleverage/Positionsize:

This number is the relation between account equity and the size of your total positions open.

If you have 1000 USD in your trading account and trade 0.01 lots(standard account), your tradeleverage is 1, because you are trading exactly the amount of equity , that you have in your account.

Trading 0.1 lots(standard account) puts you already on a 10:1 tradeleverage, since you are trading a position, which is 10x higher, than your account equity.

A solid risk management never uses a tradeleverage of more than 10:1 on small accounts and never more than 4:1 on large accounts.

Any tradeleverage, which is beyond 10:1 is highly dangerous and exposes your account to an unacceptable risk.

Now let`s look at some details:

TriggerFX=RAS ID 515

Mt4 stats here:

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

System description here:

TriggerFX | Rent a Signal

This system trades 0.01 lots on a 10 000USD account and had as maximum 9 active orders(positions) open in its history.

What does that mean?

9x 0.01(1000)= 9000 is a tradeleverage<1=ultralow risk

RAS website states the maximum drawdown at 380USD, which equals 3.8% of the total equity of 10 000USD.

On the other hand, the statistics at RAS post a total profit in a little over 6 months of 1330 USD, or 13.3% of 10 000USD in equity

Summary:

-System has a 6+month track record

-System is profitable

-System has very low tradeleverage

-System had very low Drawdown

Conclusion= Very Low Risk

Now let`s modify the system and multiply the tradeleverage by factor 10 with the very same account equity:

-Account equity= 10 000USD

-Tradeleverage max: 9x 0.1(10 000USD)=90 000USD=9

-Drawdown= 3800 USD= 38% of account equity

-Profit= 13 300 USD= 133% of account equity

While profits appear great, the Drawdown is unacceptable, but more important is the tradeleverage factor way too high(9).

This would turn the original TriggerFX system into a very scary adventure and expose traders capital beyond acceptable levels.

Conclusion:

Very High Risk

Unfortunatly many subscribers to RAS are not seeking consistant systems, but rather the become rich quick ones.

Please note, that RAS EA allows any subscriber to chose own risk appetite:

-If you are a gambler, you can trade TriggerFX with 10x higher Lotsize factor

-If you are a serious trader, you simply leave the lotsize factor at 1

A system, delivering 13.3% return in 6 months with a Drawdown of <4% is reagarded as outstanding in the real investment world.

Please keep that always in mind, when you chose your personal trading system.

Janus

More about our company can be found:

Home

Nonsense !

Focus on your trading. You are not qualify to teach other traders!