School of Pimpology - page 178

Update on Daily trades

EURGBP - well that was a quick "In out, shake it all about" trade. A quick 85 pips while I was in the land of nod. I'll take that every time, thank you.

AUDUSD - well and truly trapped between minor S&R. Placing TP order to get out with small profit. Don't like being stuck with an order in a directionless pair.

EURUSD coiling ever tighter and tighter - do not get in the way of compressed springs!

Fridays are usually thinly traded but today it looks like most traders have left for the Valentine's week-end.

Rock on,

Strat

Happy Valentines Pipsters!

Hello!

I had a real dip in the middle of the week this week. I have noticed if I have a bad experience or some bad trades I lose my confidence and I trade like a complete pratt afterwards. Too tight stops, cut winners too early, hesitate and miss moves and worse (I am grumpy). Something I have to watch out for.

Sterling was a great mover this morning at the London open. I missed cable but caught GBPCHF and GBPJPY in the upmoves. Bounces off the 20ma with the strategy.

I also traded part of the GBPJPY retracement between the two 20ma's.

Monday is a holiday in the US, President's Day, so will only trade the London Open and have a lovely day off I think and do some reading and learning instead of giving away pips in low volume/liquidity.

Nic

PS - My charts look a bit different because I am using candles and trying to learn price action. Still traded with the strategy tho.

Files:
gbpchf_2.gif  21 kb
gbpjpy.gif  20 kb

Brent Crude

Here is the Brent 4hr chart since the beginning of the year, we are on April futures price now. WTI chart is ugly too.

You cannot trade this with the strategy, the only thing that works is selling at the top and buying at the bottom.

Next week could be volatile with WTI March contract rolling over to April on Friday and the spread between the two months contracts could mean some unexpected squeezes which could whipsaw Brent around too.

Something has to give soon ...

Files:
oil_4hr.gif  27 kb

You Lucky Oil Traders - a $10.30 move in the works!

Based on the Brent H4 chart posted by Nicola, Prices are being compressed in another ever tightening coil suggesting another explosive breakout.

Breakout from these coils are pretty reliably measured from the two extremes which form the beginning of the coil so say 52.20 to 41.90 which is 10.30.

You then project 10.30 from the breakout of the coil in the direction of the breakout for your profit target.

I wish my broker had the black stuff.

PS. Nicola, be careful trying to make price action work on M15. While it does work, it is not as reliable as on H1 which is not as reliable as on H4 which is not as reliable as on the Daily etc, etc. The higher the time frame, the more reliable EVERYTHING works.

Rock on,

Strat

(I bought the trouble and strife 1 dozen red roses!)

You are so lovely Strat ... I was secretly hoping if I posted that chart I would get your analysis!! Thank you ...

Have a lovely day tomorrow and hope the Mrs appreciates you!

Nicola

stratocaster59:
Based on the Brent H4 chart posted by Nicola, Prices are being compressed in another ever tightening coil suggesting another explosive breakout.

Breakout from these coils are pretty reliably measured from the two extremes which form the beginning of the coil so say 52.20 to 41.90 which is 10.30.

You then project 10.30 from the breakout of the coil in the direction of the breakout for your profit target.

I wish my broker had the black stuff.

PS. Nicola, be careful trying to make price action work on M15. While it does work, it is not as reliable as on H1 which is not as reliable as on H4 which is not as reliable as on the Daily etc, etc. The higher the time frame, the more reliable EVERYTHING works.

Rock on,

Strat

(I bought the trouble and strife 1 dozen red roses!)

Recomended brokers

Hi folks.

I trust you all have a great valentines day.

Great trading this week in the live room with the pimp and his buddies.

I was wondering which broker do you guys use? I know many are using ODL, but I hear mixed experience with them, what other trusted brokers are out there, I do realize there are many scammers waiting to get their hands on my hard earned dollars.

ATM I'm using Fastbrokers.com which are related with FXDD in the US, something is telling me that I should change broker and move to one in the U.K. or elsewhere in Europe as I feel they are more trustworthy.

(Not that my confident in the English governing body are high right now, since they have a big responsibility in the fall of 2 of the biggest banks in my beloved Iceland late last year. )

Anyhow which brokers do you guys recommend and how is your experience with them?

Have a great weekend

Einar B.

Hello Einar!

I had a problem with ODL crude rollover this week because of a system error and I have to say the way they handled it was really good and very fair to me.

I would recommend them just based on the way they resolved my problem.

Nicola

BucPivotDaily

Hi,

Can somebody add to BucPivotDaily middle levels. Can be true/false in extern.

Hope you have it.

Nicola A:
Hello!.\

PS - My charts look a bit different because I am using candles and trying to learn price action. Still traded with the strategy tho.

Hi Nicola A,

I like price action to, so I did Heiken Ashi in separate window.

Hope it will help you to trade with the strategy.

neB

Files:
ha.gif  24 kb

Nicola A:
Hello Einar!

I had a problem with ODL crude rollover this week because of a system error and I have to say the way they handled it was really good and very fair to me.

I would recommend them just based on the way they resolved my problem.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Yeah, I was in the chat room when you came in furious about that and then later very happy about how professionally they handled it, that is actually a very good recommendation.

thank you for that.

Einar B.