Elite indicators :) - page 259

rsi MTF indicator

Hi Mladen

to clarify...

a) the alarm would be per signal per market if the "all market" option was used if possible

b)condition 1 would be for a (configirable) ..say 5..or 4 out of 5..or 3 out of 5...of the time frames were in the arrow (up and vertical ) position

c)last condition would be that those same (chosen) arrows above (chosen by configeration) were also with RSI values > 50 and < 95 (both figures globally condigerable)....

d)then alarm condition met....BINGO...

essentially the indicator as it stands is indicating on a multi time frame basis when the lates visual RSI value in up markets per individual time frame is pointing between the midday to 3pm position visually on a clock...i have described the "up" version above...the reverse is the case for shorts....

what i was hoping to do (with your kind help) is to further filter or alert me by way of a super alarm when the above conditions are met AND the further condition of the RSI being between the say configerable values of 50-95 (for longs and the reverse for shorts...if it is difficult to make those values configerable...hard code them globally for longs...and i can manually change them in testing....

let me know if i have added clarity or confusion in my answer

many thanks

Mark

GreatYves:
I am looking for something alike and can't find it in the forum, it probably exist already. I am looking for a RSI that alarm and signal when rsi cross down the 70 level or cross up the 30 level. MTF if possible. Thanks in advance.

GreatYves have you seen this version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general its mtf know it has alerts but can't remember exactly how they alert!

mrtools:
GreatYves have you seen this version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general its mtf know it has alerts but can't remember exactly how they alert!

Thanks, but it's not nearly the same as regular rsi. Smoothed or not.

From the 25 different rsi indicator in my collection none do this simple job. It's no big deal, will do with the regular rsi. Thanks anyway.

Files:
rsi.gif  18 kb

Yves

Here you go I was not aware that a classical one does not exist in the form you needed it ... so here it is. It is the built in RSI (see the comparison) with mtf and alerts on level crosses (both ways)

regards

Mladen

GreatYves:
Thanks, but it's not nearly the same as regular rsi. Smoothed or not.

From the 25 different rsi indicator in my collection none do this simple job. It's no big deal, will do with the regular rsi. Thanks anyway.

Files:

Is the CCI - nrp & mtf.mq4 indicator repainting?

Hello There

I'm just wondering if the CCI - nrp & mtf.mq4 indicator from this post repaints. As you can see from the following picture the indicator is monitoring the daily CCI with a period of 2 and is placed on a hourly chart. I've highlighted the area of interest with a black ellipse.

The next image is taken about one and a half minutes later and as you can see, the indicated value changed, not only for the current bar, but for several bars back as well. Unfortunatly I had the interpolation feature set to true when I took the chart screen shot, this gives the impression that just the current bar's value is changing and being interpolated back several bars but with the interpolation feature set to false, the indicated value changed value for several bars back too (interpolation set to true or false makes no difference, the same bars change value). I understand that a period of two for a daily CCI represents twelve hours but I thought the daily value would be displayed on an hour by hour basis on an hourly chart.

Cheers

Rod

Files:
gbpjpy_01.gif  25 kb
gbpjpy_02.gif  25 kb

Rod

It is a normal behavior of a mtf indicator : all bars belonging to the higher time frame current open bar are subject of an eventual change at a lower time frame. The "nrp" in the name stands there for non repainting way how colors are coded (since the repainting is usually associated with multi color lines that suddenly change color without an apparent reason)

regards

Mladen

mladen:
Yves

Here you go I was not aware that a classical one does not exist in the form you needed it ... so here it is. It is the built in RSI (see the comparison) with mtf and alerts on level crosses (both ways)

regards Mladen

Thanks a lot mladen, this one was missing to my collection! Sometimes simplicity is the best of all paths. Here's a simple trading system excerpt from "High Probability Trading Setups for the Currency Market - Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg" Works on the daily's.

Files:
rsirules.png  81 kb
rsigraph.png  124 kb

Hello Mladen

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I have to praise you on all the effort you go to with all the indicators you modify. I'm sure many many people here are learning better coding techniques by examining your work (I know I am).

Kind Regrds

Rod

mladen:
Rod

It is a normal behavior of a mtf indicator : all bars belonging to the higher time frame current open bar are subject of an eventual change at a lower time frame. The "nrp" in the name stands there for non repainting way how colors are coded (since the repainting is usually associated with multi color lines that suddenly change color without an apparent reason)

regards

Mladen

Hello

Hi mladen.

Please add smoothing this indicator...thanks:)

Files:

Thank you-

Good day to you, Mladen

Just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for you creating the SSA advanced indicator. It is an incredible piece of work and it has given me the final piece of the puzzle I have been searching for, for years.

I thank you