Distinguishing colours

hi, i am writing an EA where i want a position to be opened when three of the indicators i am using are the same colour.

please take a look at the template i hav attached

take a look at one of the two indicators named HMA_V2. what i want to know is how can i distinguish between when the indicator is red or blue? programattically speaking.

i know the colour does not have anything to do with the value of the dots on the chart, but i am not sure what determines it or how to explain it in an EA.

i am new to programming and not very good.

i have tried a number of things. here is one thing i tried:if(iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA_v2",1, 0 )== Tomato)
Alert("color is tomato");

if(iCustom(NULL,0,"HMA_v2",1,0 )== LightBlue)
Alert("Color is lightblue");

but it did not work. i also tried putting the colours in quotes and it still didnt work.

noone can help?

1. please attach file

2. indicators not usually return colors, they return a numeric value like a price value or such for a particular 'shift' value within one of its index buffers.

3. however, must see code...

Best

hi.

i appreciate the reply and i didnt mean to make two threads, but i managed to figure out the answer myself after a couple of hours of tinkering.

it was just two different buffers one for up one for down, and i didnt realize the one that was corresponding to the current color had the number : 37829372987392

so thanks, i figured evrything out.

HAPPY PIPPING

nikolaou wrote >>

hi.

i appreciate the reply and i didnt mean to make two threads, but i managed to figure out the answer myself after a couple of hours of tinkering.

it was just two different buffers one for up one for down, and i didnt realize the one that was corresponding to the current color had the number : 37829372987392

so thanks, i figured evrything out.

HAPPY PIPPING

is so good u find answer by self ;)

much 2hr sweat but U did and is nice feeling when 'discover' from own work...

Best 2 U